Greek citizens have to get a visa to go to Russia for vacation, business travel, educational purposes, and for humanitarian reasons. To get one, you can apply in-person at your nearest consulate or embassy. Soon, Russia will be adding Greece to the list of countries whose citizens will be able to apply for their “e-Visa” program.
The e-Visa program means you can apply for and receive your visa online. Here are some common questions and answers about the e-Visa program for the Russian Federation.
The Russia e-Visa Program | Common Questions & Answers
What is the number of times that I can use an e-Visa to enter Russia?
While holding an e-Visa, it usually only grants the visa holder one entry per visa per trip. Some countries’ citizens may be allowed what is known as a double entry visa depending on your needs and clearance status.
How long will I have to use the e-Visa from the Date of Issuance?
You will have 30 days to use your Russian e-Visa from the Date of Issuance listed on your visa. Oddly enough, the Russian Federation sometimes only accepts visas that were issued under 20 days from the date of issuance. Check with your consulate or embassy for complete details.
What travel reasons are valid for using an e-Visa to travel around Russia?
Business travel, tourism travel, some student travel, and humanitarian travel are all allowed with a Russian e-Visa. Some restrictions may apply based on your country of citizenship.
Will I need a special permit in addition to a visa to enter certain parts of the country?
Foreign citizens are restricted from entering the following regions without a special permit.
- Part of Primorsky Krai
- Part of Krasnoyarsk Krai
- Part of Orenburg Oblast
- Parts of Arkhangelsk Oblast (include South part of Novaya Zemlya island) and the Komi Republic
- Parts of Sverdlovsk Oblast
- Chukotka Autonomous Okrug, yet the Bilibino region is an exception
- Part of Yamalo-Nenets Autonomous Okrug
- The Republic of North Ossetia-Alania, 45% of the territory. Transit to the border with Georgia and to the border with South Ossetia are possible along the main roads. Tsey Gorge is open to foreigners since 2012.
- Part of Nizhny Novgorod Oblast
- Part of The Republic of Mordovia
- Parts of Murmansk Oblast and the Republic of Karelia. Transit to and from Norway is likely by the primary roadway.
- Parts of Chelyabinsk Oblast.
- Within Leningrad Oblast region - all Russian islands of the Gulf of Finland, except Gogland, and a 12-mile (20 km) strip along the south coast of the Gulf of Finland
- Parts of Moscow Oblast
- Around 15% of Kaliningrad Oblast
- Part of Volgograd Oblast
- Part of Astrakhan Oblast
- Part of Kamchatka Krai
What documents and information are required to fill out a Russia e-Visa application?
While true of most visa applications, you will need the following to complete an online application as well as to enter Russia through its customs:
- Invitation Letter - You can request an invitation letter from your Russian tour operator or the hotel or hostel you plan to stay at while in the country. In many cases, an invitation letter from a natural or legal person who currently lives in Russia is also accepted and can be used for business, study, tourism, or personal reasons. If you are lodging in different regions of Russia, you will need an invitation letter from each host of your stay.
- Valid Passport - Valid for a minimum of 6 months from date of entry
- Passport-Style Photo - Use a light, solid background and make sure the photo is a colored photo and the size of a normal passport photo.
- Health Insurance Policy - Have medical insurance for international travel before you leave for Russia.
How long can I stay in Russia with an e-Visa?
You’re allowed up to 8 days in Russia once you enter the country and go through customs.
Get a Russia Visa | Citizens of Greece
Getting a visa for Russia may require some information as well as a payment method for processing. As soon as the online application for the visa becomes available to Greek citizens, iVisa will upload it to our website. Then, you will be able to securely apply online for a visa.
Check out the Visa Checker Tool to see what visa programs work for Greek citizens. We can help you with travel documentation questions as you need.