Traveling to Russia? As a citizen of Guadeloupe, you will need a visa to get in Russia. You can acquire one in person when you go to fill out an application at the embassy or consulate.
Otherwise, once the online application is released for Guadeloupe citizens, you will then be able to get your visa online without having to travel to a physical location. Until then, you may have to go physically to your nearest Russian embassy or consulate to get the visa you need.
The Russia e-Visa Program | Common Questions & Answers
What regions of Russia currently accept e-Visas?
The following regions of Russia currently allow foreign citizens to enter the borders with a valid e-Visa:
- The Far East
- Kaliningrad Oblast
- St. Petersburg
What is the expiration date of a Russian e-Visa?
Russian officials prefer if you use your e-Visa between 4 and 20 days from the Date of Issuance. But, technically, your visa is good for up to 30 days from the Date of Issuance.
What type of travel is allowed using a Russian e-Visa?
Business travel, tourism travel, some student travel, and humanitarian travel are all allowed with a Russian e-Visa. Some restrictions may apply based on your country of citizenship.
Are there areas of Russia that require special permits?
You’ll need a special permit as a foreign citizen of Russia to enter the following zones:
- Part of Primorsky Krai
- Part of Krasnoyarsk Krai
- Within Leningrad Oblast region - all Russian islands of the Gulf of Finland, except Gogland, and a 12-mile (20 km) strip along the south coast of the Gulf of Finland
- Parts of Moscow Oblast
- Around 15% of Kaliningrad Oblast
- Part of Volgograd Oblast
- Part of Astrakhan Oblast
- Part of Orenburg Oblast
- Part of Nizhny Novgorod Oblast
- Part of The Republic of Mordovia
- Parts of Murmansk Oblast and the Republic of Karelia. Transit to and from Norway is likely by the primary roadway.
- Parts of Chelyabinsk Oblast.
- Part of Kamchatka Krai
- Parts of Arkhangelsk Oblast (include South part of Novaya Zemlya island) and the Komi Republic
- Parts of Sverdlovsk Oblast
- Chukotka Autonomous Okrug, yet the Bilibino region is an exception
- Part of Yamalo-Nenets Autonomous Okrug
- The Republic of North Ossetia-Alania, 45% of the territory. Transit to the border with Georgia and to the border with South Ossetia are possible along the main roads. Tsey Gorge is open to foreigners since 2012.
How many times can I enter Russia with an e-Visa?
While holding an e-Visa, it usually only grants the visa holder one entry per visa per trip. Some countries’ citizens may be allowed what is known as a double entry visa depending on your needs and clearance status.
What documents and information are required to fill out a Russia e-Visa application?
While true of most visa applications, you will need the following to complete an online application as well as to enter Russia through customs:
- Invitation Letter - You can request an invitation letter from your Russian tour operator or the hotel or hostel you plan to stay at while in the country. In many cases, an invitation letter from a natural or legal person who currently lives in Russia is also accepted and can be used for business, study, tourism, or personal reasons. If you are lodging in different regions of Russia, you will need an invitation letter from each host of your stay.
- Valid Passport - Valid for a minimum of 6 months from date of entry
- Passport-Style Photo - Use a light, solid background and make sure the photo is a colored photo and the size of a normal passport photo.
- Health Insurance Policy - Have medical insurance for international travel before you leave for Russia.
How long can I stay in Russia with an e-Visa?
You’re allowed up to 8 days in Russia once you enter the country and go through customs.
Get a Russia Visa | Citizens of Guadeloupe
Going to Russia, you need to have the right visa. There is a different e-Visa for each region of Russia, so it is important to plan ahead and make sure you have all of the visas you need, especially if you are doing extensive traveling around the Russian Federation.
Holiday, business, or education - get your visa today. We are here 24/7 to answer any pertinent questions you may still have about traveling to Russia.
Have a great trip.