When you travel internationally, you almost always need a visa to enter a foreign country legally. This is true of entering Russia as a citizen of Guam. You can fill out a paper visa application at your embassy or consulate that is Russian. In the near future, you will be able to fill out an e-Visa application for Russia online.
Until the online application is released for the e-Visa, or electronic visa, for Russia, you can read about the requirements and documents needed in order to obtain a visa. We also provide relevant information about time lengths, expirations, and more.
The Russia e-Visa Program | Common Questions & Answers
What is the expiration date of a Russian e-Visa?
You will have 30 days to use your Russian e-Visa from the Date of Issuance listed on your visa. Oddly enough, the Russian Federation sometimes only accepts visas that were issued under 20 days from the date of issuance. Check with your consulate or embassy for complete details.
What type of travel is allowed using a Russian e-Visa?
Business travel, tourism travel, some student travel, and humanitarian travel are all allowed with a Russian e-Visa. Some restrictions may apply based on your country of citizenship.
Are there areas of Russia that require special permits?
Foreign citizens are restricted from entering the following regions without a special permit.
- Part of Primorsky Krai
- Part of Krasnoyarsk Krai
- Part of Orenburg Oblast
- Part of Nizhny Novgorod Oblast
- Part of The Republic of Mordovia
- Parts of Murmansk Oblast and the Republic of Karelia. Transit to and from Norway is likely by the primary roadway.
- Parts of Chelyabinsk Oblast.
- Within Leningrad Oblast region - all Russian islands of the Gulf of Finland, except Gogland, and a 12-mile (20 km) strip along the south coast of the Gulf of Finland
- Parts of Moscow Oblast
- Around 15% of Kaliningrad Oblast
- Part of Volgograd Oblast
- Part of Astrakhan Oblast
- Part of Kamchatka Krai
- Parts of Arkhangelsk Oblast (include South part of Novaya Zemlya island) and the Komi Republic
- Parts of Sverdlovsk Oblast
- Chukotka Autonomous Okrug, yet the Bilibino region is an exception
- Part of Yamalo-Nenets Autonomous Okrug
- The Republic of North Ossetia-Alania, 45% of the territory. Transit to the border with Georgia and to the border with South Ossetia are possible along the main roads. Tsey Gorge is open to foreigners since 2012.
How many times can I enter Russia with an e-Visa?
While holding an e-Visa, it usually only grants the visa holder one entry per visa per trip. Some countries’ citizens may be allowed what is known as a double entry visa depending on your needs and clearance status.
What documents and information are required to fill out a Russia e-Visa application?
While true of most visa applications, you will need the following to complete an online application as well as to enter Russia through customs:
- Invitation Letter - You can request an invitation letter from your Russian tour operator or the hotel or hostel you plan to stay at while in the country. In many cases, an invitation letter from a natural or legal person who currently lives in Russia is also accepted and can be used for business, study, tourism, or personal reasons. If you are lodging in different regions of Russia, you will need an invitation letter from each host of your stay.
- Valid Passport - Valid for a minimum of 6 months from date of entry
- Passport-Style Photo - Use a light, solid background and make sure the photo is a colored photo and the size of a normal passport photo.
- Health Insurance Policy - Have medical insurance for international travel before you leave for Russia.
How long can I stay in Russia with an e-Visa?
You’re allowed up to 8 days in Russia once you enter the country and go through customs.
Get a Russia Visa | Citizens of Guam
Flying to a region of the Russian Federation is an exhilarating experience. Be prepared to not only fill out the online application for an e-Visa soon, but also be ready by knowing how to use your visa once you receive it.
iVisa is here to help you with your travel documents. Feel free to check out our Visa Checker Tool if you want to get an online e-Visa for all of your international travel.