Going to Russia? As a citizen of Guinea, you will have to have a visa to get in the Russian Federation. To acquire a visa, you can apply in person at the nearest consulate or embassy. Russia began an e-Visa, or electronic visa, program in 2017 and is slowly expanding it to other nationalities throughout time.
The Visa Checker Tool can tell you what online visa applications that you have access to at this moment. See below for information about the upcoming e-Visa program for Guinea citizens.
The Russia e-Visa Program | Common Questions & Answers
What type of travel is allowed using a Russian e-Visa?
Business travel, tourism travel, some student travel, and humanitarian travel are all allowed with a Russian e-Visa. Some restrictions may apply based on your country of citizenship.
What is the expiration date of a Russian e-Visa?
It’s best to use your visa between 4 and 20 days from the Date of Issuance, but it is technically valid for up to 30 days.
Are there areas of Russia that require special permits?
Foreign citizens are restricted from entering the following regions without a special permit.
- Part of The Republic of Mordovia
- Parts of Murmansk Oblast and the Republic of Karelia. Transit to and from Norway is likely by the primary roadway.
- Part of Primorsky Krai
- Part of Krasnoyarsk Krai
- Part of Orenburg Oblast
- Part of Nizhny Novgorod Oblast
- Part of Volgograd Oblast
- Part of Astrakhan Oblast
- Part of Kamchatka Krai
- Parts of Chelyabinsk Oblast.
- Within Leningrad Oblast region - all Russian islands of the Gulf of Finland, except Gogland, and a 12-mile (20 km) strip along the south coast of the Gulf of Finland
- Parts of Moscow Oblast
- Around 15% of Kaliningrad Oblast
- Parts of Arkhangelsk Oblast (include South part of Novaya Zemlya island) and the Komi Republic
- Parts of Sverdlovsk Oblast
- Chukotka Autonomous Okrug, yet the Bilibino region is an exception
- Part of Yamalo-Nenets Autonomous Okrug
- The Republic of North Ossetia-Alania, 45% of the territory. Transit to the border with Georgia and to the border with South Ossetia are possible along the main roads. Tsey Gorge is open to foreigners since 2012.
How many times can I enter Russia with an e-Visa?
Single entry per visa.
Some visas allow you to enter Russia more than once, so be sure to ask your visa application official if they have those available for you.
What are the documents I will need to bring to fill out an application and to enter Russia?
While true of most visa applications, you will need the following to complete an online application as well as to enter Russia through customs:
- Invitation Letter - You can request an invitation letter from your Russian tour operator or the hotel or hostel you plan to stay at while in the country. In many cases, an invitation letter from a natural or legal person who currently lives in Russia is also accepted and can be used for business, study, tourism, or personal reasons. If you are lodging in different regions of Russia, you will need an invitation letter from each host of your stay.
- Health Insurance Policy - Have medical insurance for international travel before you leave for Russia.
- Valid Passport - Valid for a minimum of 6 months from date of entry
- Passport-Style Photo - Use a light, solid background and make sure the photo is a colored photo and the size of a normal passport photo.
- A Payment Type - Such as a credit or debit card or cash money.
How long can I stay in Russia with an e-Visa?
You’re allowed up to 8 days in Russia once you enter the country and go through customs.
Get a Russia Visa | Citizens of Guinea
When you get a visa, it is a wonderful feeling. You are then ready to travel. That’s why iVisa uses an online application system that is secure and easy to use. Russia will release the e-Visa program for citizens of Guinea hopefully within the next few months.
Let us know if you have any questions pertaining to travel documents and we will answer them via email or chat.