Surinamese citizens will need a visa to travel to Russia. The type of Russian visa you require depends on a number of factors including how long you expect to stay in Russia, and the intent of your travel. Until then, check out the information below on the Russian e-Visa program and common questions foreign nationals have about obtaining and using a visa for Russia generally.
The Russia e-Visa Program | FAQ
How many times can I enter Russia with an e-Visa?
The Russian e-Visa is a single entry visa. This means you are permitted entry in the Russian Federation one time. If you exit or leave Russia, you will not be allowed to reenter the country without another visa.
What is a Russian e-Visa?
In August 2017, the Russian Federation began accepting visa applications online to help streamline their visa program for foreign nationals.
How long will it take to receive an e-Visa once I have applied?
Usually, it takes no longer than 4 days to receive an e-Visa.
Are there areas of Russia that require special permits?
Foreign citizens are restricted from entering the following regions without a special permit.
- Parts of Chelyabinsk Oblast.
- Within Leningrad Oblast region - all Russian islands of the Gulf of Finland, except Gogland, and a 12-mile (20 km) strip along the south coast of the Gulf of Finland
- Parts of Moscow Oblast
- Around 15% of Kaliningrad Oblast
- Part of Volgograd Oblast
- Part of Astrakhan Oblast
- Part of Kamchatka Krai
- Part of Primorsky Krai
- Part of Krasnoyarsk Krai
- Part of Orenburg Oblast
- Part of Nizhny Novgorod Oblast
- Part of The Republic of Mordovia
- Parts of Murmansk Oblast and the Republic of Karelia. Transit to and from Norway is likely by the primary roadway.
- Parts of Arkhangelsk Oblast (include South part of Novaya Zemlya island) and the Komi Republic
- Parts of Sverdlovsk Oblast
- Chukotka Autonomous Okrug, yet the Bilibino region is an exception
- Part of Yamalo-Nenets Autonomous Okrug
- The Republic of North Ossetia-Alania, 45% of the territory. Transit to the border with Georgia and to the border with South Ossetia are possible along the main roads. Tsey Gorge is open to foreigners since 2012.
What documents and information are required to fill out a Russia e-Visa application?
At the bare minimum, you will need the following documents and information to fill out the online application for a Russian e-Visa:
- Invitation Letter - You can request an invitation letter from your Russian tour operator or the hotel or hostel you plan to stay at while in the country.
- Passport-Style Photo - Colored photos only, white background, ratio of 3.5 x 4.5
- Valid Passport - Your passport needs to be valid for a minimum of 6 months from the last day you plan to be in Russia. Have a couple of blank pages for stamping purposes.
- Health Insurance Policy - You will need to prove you have reliable health insurance coverage for the length of your stay.
Get a Russia Visa | Citizens of Suriname
The Russian e-Visa is a great way to skip going to the embassy or consulate. When it is ready, come back to iVisa.com and fill out an online application for the e-Visa program of Russia.