Those citizens coming from the Bahamas will have to obtain a visa travel document to go to Russia. No matter your reason, almost all foreign nationals will have to get this travel document. The e-Visa program, or electronic visa program, started in 2017 for Russia. This means that you can get a visa online.
When the Bahamas becomes a country on the approved list of e-Visa program countries, iVisa will have the online application here on our website. Check back frequently or bookmark this page so you will know when it is ready.
The Russia e-Visa Program | Common Questions & Answers
Are there areas of Russia that require special permits?
Each region of Russia requires a visa. Some cities require special permits also.
Foreign citizens are restricted from entering the following regions without a special permit.
- Part of Primorsky Krai
- Part of Krasnoyarsk Krai
- Within Leningrad Oblast region - all Russian islands of the Gulf of Finland, except Gogland, and a 12-mile (20 km) strip along the south coast of the Gulf of Finland
- Parts of Moscow Oblast
- Around 15% of Kaliningrad Oblast
- Part of Orenburg Oblast
- Part of Nizhny Novgorod Oblast
- Part of The Republic of Mordovia
- Parts of Murmansk Oblast and the Republic of Karelia. Transit to and from Norway is likely by the primary roadway.
- Parts of Chelyabinsk Oblast.
- Part of Volgograd Oblast
- Part of Astrakhan Oblast
- Part of Kamchatka Krai
- Parts of Arkhangelsk Oblast (include South part of Novaya Zemlya island) and the Komi Republic
- Parts of Sverdlovsk Oblast
- Chukotka Autonomous Okrug, yet the Bilibino region is an exception
- Part of Yamalo-Nenets Autonomous Okrug
- The Republic of North Ossetia-Alania, 45% of the territory. Transit to the border with Georgia and to the border with South Ossetia are possible along the main roads. Tsey Gorge is open to foreigners since 2012.
What is the expiration date of a Russian e-Visa?
Russian officials prefer that you use your e-Visa between 4 and 20 days from the Date of Issuance listed on your official visa. Technically, all e-Visas and regular visas are valid for up to 30 days from the Date of Issuance.
What type of travel is allowed using a Russian e-Visa?
You can use a visa for Russia for business, education, tourism, and humanitarian reasons. Check with your visa supplier for additional requirements.
How many times can I enter Russia with an e-Visa?
Single entry per visa. Some special visas will allow foreign nationals to enter between two and multiple times per visa, so double-check your entry limits before applying for a visa.
What documents and information are required to fill out a Russia e-Visa application?
You will need the following to complete an online application as well as to enter Russia through customs:
- Invitation Letter - Get an official representative from your hotel, hostel, or valid Russian tour operator to give you an invitation letter to show Russian officials. You can also get one from a permanent resident who currently resides in Russia.
- Valid Passport - Valid for a minimum of 6 months from date of entry
- Passport-Style Photo - Use a light, solid background and make sure the photo is a colored photo and the size of a normal passport photo.
- Health Insurance Policy - Get medical insurance for international travel before you leave for Russia.
How long can I stay in Russia with an e-Visa?
You’re allowed up to 8 days in Russia once you enter the country and go through customs.
Get a Russia Visa | Citizens of the Bahamas
Going to Russia should not be difficult. That’s why iVisa was created to help foreign travelers get the documents they need to enter different countries. Until the Russia e-Visa program is open for Bahamas residents, you may need to go to the nearest embassy or consulate to obtain your travel documents.
We are here if you run into any further issues and hope to supply as much information as you need to get you in Russia.
Thank you for choosing iVisa.