Traveling to Russia seems a little bit mysterious to many people, especially for the big size of this country and how there are so many different processes to get at least one permission to enter.
Acquiring an electronic visa for Russia is not permissible at the moment, but you still can travel to far-east Russia and receive an special help with iVisa. We can help you to get an invitation letter. This invitation letter helps you to get a consular visa and is available for both tourism and business purposes. iVisa can help Indians get that letter as fast as possible, as long as you follow a few simple steps.
If you still want to know more about this letter, keep reading this article.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is a Russian Invitation Letter?
This document is a requirement made to confirm that you're invited to Russia by a Russian travel company or a hotel accredited by the Ministry for Foreign Affairs of the Russian Federation. This letter has two parts: the first one is a voucher and the second a confirmation of the Admission of a Foreign Turist. Remember that this document is extremely important for you to get your Russian Consular visa.
I have an Indian passport, do I need this invitation letter?
If you want to enter Russia, you must apply for this invitation letter in order to get your consular visa.
How long is the Russian Invitation letter valid for?
This document is valid only for 30 days after arrival.
Is there a Russian visa for Indian Citizens?
Yes, Indian citizens will require a Russian visa to legally enter the country. Popular Russian visa types include the Kaliningrad e-Visa, Far East (Vladivostock) e-Visa, and Saint Petersburg eVisa. Here are the full range of documents and visas available to Indians:
- Tourist Invitation Letter
- Business Invitation Letter
- Kaliningrad e-Visa
- Far East (Vladivostok) e-Visa
- Saint Petersburg eVisa
What is the cost of these documents?
These documents are completely free, but quite hard to get it by yourself since Russia tends to be very bureaucratic with these processes. That's why in iVisa we help you to obtain it faster and easier.
What do I need to provide to get the Invitation Letter?
iVisa will process the invitation letter and the entire process that comes with acquiring it. However, you need to provide a few things so that they can get started. Here is a list of what you need:
- Valid passport – chances are that you already posses one. Just make sure that you take a look at its expiry date. Your passport needs to be valid for at least another six months from your date of arrival in Russia. If it is is not, your application will be denied.
- Valid e-mail address – after processing, iVisa will send you the invitation letter via e-mail. It is extremely important to provide a valid e-mail address. Make sure that the spelling is correct. Otherwise, your visa may end up to someone else or nowhere at all.
- Proof of accommodation – you can produce such evidence by uploading a hotel booking, Airbnb confirmation, or you can upload a letter from a host in Russia.
- Arrival and departure date (it's not obligatory, but it's recommended)
- Number of entries you wish to make (it's not obligatory, but it's recommended)
- Proof of finances – this is not always required, but a bank statement should suffice.
- Business card – this applies to people who want to travel to Russia on a business visa.
- Accepted payment – the payment to iVisa is made before submitting your application. As methods of payment, iVisa accepts PayPal in addition to credit/debit card payment.
How Indians can apply for the Invitation Letter
You can proceed to fill in the online form once you have gathered all you need. Indians have three steps that needed to be completed. In case you need any assistance, iVisa has a customer service that is ready to take your call 24/7.
Firstly, Indians need to provide general information. You must also choose the type of invitation letter (single-entry or double-entry, also if it a tourist or business letter) and the processing time. Just remember that both those factors will help determine the cost of your visa.
The next step will ask Indians to review the information provided and make the payment. The revision is much more crucial than people give it credit for. Corrections are impossible to make after the application is processed.
Lastly, step three will ask you to upload additional documents. The number and type of document will be the basis. After Indians have completed all three steps, just hit submit and wait for your confirmation via e-mail.
What are the processing time and fees for these documents?
As mentioned above, the Russian Invitation letter cost depends on the type of letter you want and processing time. As for the latter, iVisa comes with three options for Indians:
- Standard – when you select this option, your application will be processed within 24 hours, and it will cost you only USD 50.99.
- Rush – the timeframe goes down to 6 hours this time, and you will be charged USD 67.99 for your letter.
- Super Rush – if you are in an urgent situation, you can select this option for USD 173.99. Your application processed within just 30 minutes.
The fees mentioned previously are available just to a single-entry tourist letter. If you want to check the different prices for other documents to travel to Russia, then click here.
How long does it take to apply for this Invitation letter?
It should take you less than 10 minutes to complete this letter, and the same if you select another type of requirement for Russia.
Does the Invitation letter guarantee that a Russian Consular Visa will be issued?
You should know that this is a document that allows you to apply for the actual consular visa. Whether you are approved for the visa will be at the discretion of the Russian government.
Can I travel to Russia just with my invitation but without a visa?
No, you can't. Unless your country is in a visa-free regime with Russia, you must get an entry visa if you want to enter Russia.
How does this Russian Invitation letter look like?
Is it safe to get my Russian Invitation Letter with iVisa?
We have a professional team that has been working with invitation letters and e-Visas since 2013, so you can be sure that you're working just with the best service possible to make your trip easier.
If you want to know how trustful our services are, check out our testimonials with more than 17,000 reviews from Trustpilot.
I still have doubts, where do I find more information about Russian visas?
If you still want to know more details about entering Russia, then you can chat with one of our customer service agents, or you can check here more information about the available visas and permissions to go to Russia.
You can start your application form now and just worry about the other steps to get your Russian visa.
Remember that after the invitation letter arrives, you will need to visit the Russian embassy for an interview. Do not forget to print the letter you receive from iVisa in color. Indians may need to have some additional documents as well, but it is best if you call the embassy to get that information. The requirements may differ on a case-by-case basis, so it is better to know right from the source.