Russia visa for Latvians

Russia visa for Latvians

iVisa | Updated on Feb 10, 2021

Acquiring an electronic visa for Russia is not permissible at the moment. However, if you want to travel to far-east Russia (the rule applies only to that region), iVisa can still help Latvians with the process. Although an evisa is not accessible currently, but the company can still help you with the invitation letter. In order for you to get a consular visa, you need an invitation letter which is both tourism and business. iVisa can help Latvians get that letter in as little as two hours, as long as you follow a few simple steps.

Alt Text

What do you need to provide?

iVisa will process the invitation letter and the entire process that comes with acquiring it. However, you need to provide a few things so that they can get started. Here is a list of what you need:

  • Valid passport – chances are that you already posses one. Just make sure that you take a look at its expiry date. Additionally, the passport needs to be valid for at least another six months from your date of arrival in Russia. If it is is not, your application will be denied.

  • Valid e-mail address – after processing, iVisa will send you the invitation letter via e-mail. It is extremely important to provide a valid e-mail address. Make sure that the spelling is correct. Otherwise, your visa may end up to someone else or nowhere at all.

  • Proof of accommodation – you can produce such evidence by uploading a hotel booking, Airbnb confirmation, or you can upload a letter from a host in Russia.

  • Arrival and departure date

  • Number of entries you wish to make

  • Proof of finance – this is not always required, but a bank statement should suffice.

  • Business card – this applies to people who want to travel to Russia on a business visa.

  • Accepted payment – the payment to iVisa is made before submitting your application. As methods of payment, iVisa accepts PayPal in addition to credit/debit cards payment.

How Latvians can apply?

You can proceed to fill in the online form once you have gathered all you need. Latvians have three steps that needed to be completed. In case you need any assistance, iVisa has a customer service that is ready to take your call 24/7.

Firstly, Latvians need to provide your general information. You must also choose the type of your invitation letter (single-entry or double-entry tourist, business) and the processing time. Just remember that both those factors will help determine the cost of your visa.

The next step will ask Latvians to review the information provided and make the payment. The revision is much more crucial than people give it credit for. Corrections are impossible to make after the application is processed.

Lastly, step three will ask you to upload additional documents. The number and type of the document will be case to case basis. After Latvians have completed all three steps, just hit submit and wait.

Processing time and fees

As mentioned previously, the visa cost depends on the type of the letter you want and processing time. As for the latter, iVisa comes with three options for Latvians:

  • Standard – when you select this option, your application will be processed within one business day, and it will cost you only $25.

  • Rush – the timeframe goes down to 6 hours this time, and you will be charged $50 for your letter.

  • Super Rush – if you are in urgent situation, you can select this option for $75. Your application processed within just 2 hours.

The fees mentioned previously to a single-entry tourist visa. If you want a double-entry visa, the processing time remains the same, but the price increases to $10 for each processing time. The business invitation letter processing time changes to 3, 2, and 1 business day. As for the fee, you will be charged $75, $100, and $125 respectively.

After the invitation letter arrives, Latvians will need to visit the Russian embassy for an interview. Do not forget to print letter you receive from iVisa in color. Latvians may need to have some additional documents as well, but it is best if you call the embassy to get that information. The requirements may differ on a case-by-case basis, so it is better to know right from the source.

Share this article on: