It's not possible to receive an electronic visa for Russia at the moment. However, iVisa can still assist you with a documents that can simplify the process of getting a consular visa. This document is the Russian Invitation Letter.
You probably have more doubts related to this visa, we will help you to solve most of them.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Do I need a visa to enter Russia if I'm from Singapore?
Yes, Singaporean citizens need a visa to travel to Russia, regardless of the time they want to stay there. However, this visa is only available at any Russian Embassy at the moment.
What is a Russian Invitation Letter for Singaporean Citizens?
It's a document that proves that you're invited to Russia by a Russian travel company or any other enterprise authorized by the Ministry for Foreign Affairs of the Russian Federation.
This authorization has two stages: the first one is a voucher and the second is the confirmation per sé by the Admission of a Foreign Tourist.
How long is the Russian Invitation letter valid for Singaporean?
In case you decide to apply for the Tourist Invitation letter, you will have it valid for 30 days after arrival.
How many types of letters are there for anyone traveling to Russia?
There are 5 types of documents that you can get with iVisa if you want to travel to Russia with your Singaporean passport. 2 of them are invitation letters:
- Tourist Invitation Letter
- Business Invitation Letter
- Kaliningrad e-Visa
- Far East (Vladivostok) e-Visa
- Saint Petersburg eVisa
What do you need to provide?
iVisa will assist Singaporean to get an invitation letter and get through the whole application process without difficulty. All you have to do is to submit the required documents. iVisa can begin the process one you have all the needed below:
- Valid passport – You probably already have one, in that case just look at its expiry date. Additionally, the passport has to be valid for at least another six months from your date of arrival in Russia.
- Valid e-mail address – iVisa will send you the invitation letter through an e-mail. It is extremely important to provide a valid e-mail address. Make sure that the spelling is right.
- Proof of accommodation – you can get this evidence by uploading a hotel booking, Airbnb confirmation, or simply a letter from a host in Russia.
- Arrival and departure date
- Number of entries you want to make
- Proof of income – A bank statement should suffice.
- Business card – this applies to people who want to travel with a business visa.
- Mode of payment – you have to pay the service fee before completing your application. For your convenience, iVisa accepts PayPal in addition to credit/debit card payment.
What are the processing time and prices for any of these documents?
The Russian Invitation letter cost varies depending on the type of letter you want and also the processing time. iVisa offers three options:
- Standard – when you select this choice, your application will be processed in 24 hours, and it will have a price of USD 75.00.
- Rush – For this you just have to wait 12 hours this time, and you will be charged USD 100.00 for your letter.
- Super Rush – if you are in an emergency, you can choose this option for USD 125.00. Your application will be processed within just 30 minutes.
Keep in mind that the fees mentioned previously are available just to a single-entry tourist letter. If you want to see the different costs for other documents to travel to Russia, then you can click here.
How much time do I need to apply?
In less than 20 minutes you'll be ready with your application form.
How Singaporean can apply?
The application process itself only consists of three steps. After getting all the needed documents, you can start accomplishing the online form. In the event that you will need assistance, iVisa’s customer service is ready to help you anytime.
The first thing to do for Singaporean needs is to provide some general information. After that, select the type of your invitation letter (single-entry or double-entry tourist, business) and the processing time. Those factors will help determine the cost of your visa so be wise in choosing.
The next second step will ask Singaporean to review the information provided and make the payment. Since it is impossible to do corrections after the application is processed, reviewing and revision are more important than people thought about it.
The last step will ask you to upload additional documents. The number and type of the document will be the case to case basis. Hit the submit button once all steps have been completed, then just wait for the invitation letter.
Once the invitation letter is received, you will need to go to the Russian embassy to have an interview Remember to print the letter you receive from iVisa in color. Some additional documents might be needed so it is best if you call the embassy to get that information from them.
Does the Invitation letter guarantee that I'll get the consular visa to Russia?
This document gives you permission to apply for the actual consular visa, but whether you are approved or not for the visa will be at the discretion of the Russian government.
Can I travel to Russia just with my invitation letter?
You can't just travel with the Invitation letter. If your country is not a visa-exempt, then you must get a consular visa if you want to enter Russia.
How does this Russian Invitation letter look like?
Is it safe to get my Russian Invitation Letter with iVisa's services?
Yes, it is, since we have a powerful team that has been working with invitation letters for six years, so you can be sure that you're working just with the best service possible to make your trip easier.
If you want to know how professional our services are, check out our testimonials with more than 18,000 reviews from Trustpilot.
Where do I find more information about Russian visas?
You can learn more about Russia and its documents on our website. You can chat with one of our customer service workers, or you can check here more information about the available visas and permissions to go to Russia.
You're able to start your application form today and just worry about the other steps to get your Russian visa.
Remember that once the invitation letter arrives, you will need to visit the Russian embassy for an interview. Do not forget to print the letter you receive from iVisa in color. Don't lose the chance to know this mysterious and interesting country!