It’s exciting to plan a trip to Russia. But, unfortunately, it’s not possible to obtain an online visa for this country if you want to visit its entire extension and you are not a visa-free nation. Nevertheless, if you have a Luxembourg passport, and you want to travel to the Far East Region or Vladivostok, then you just have to apply for the Russia Vladivostok e-Visa for the citizens of Luxembourg.
You can also apply in person by going to the nearest Russian embassy. But, keep in mind that by doing it this way, you’ll need to spend more time and effort than by doing it online.
By reading the FAQs below, you’ll learn more about the online procedure, including the requirements you need and how to apply.
Frequently Asked Questions / FAQs
I’m from Luxembourg, do I need a visa to visit Russia?
Yes, you need to obtain a visa to visit the entire Russian territory. Even so, as we’ve previously mentioned, this can change when you only want to visit certain regions such as Vladivostok, Saint Petersburg, or Kaliningrad, since for these places they only ask for an eVisa. In the case of Vladivostok, what you need is a Vladivostok eVisa.
Please note that you must apply for the documentation the Russian authorities ask, otherwise, you could get a denied entry. You can check this information by using our visa checker tool on the home page.
What is a Vladivostok e-Visa?
The Vladivostok eVisa or Russian Far East eVisa is a travel requirement that you need to enter this region. With this eVisa, you can enter Far East Russia almost at any airport, land port, and seaport. In the following list, you’ll be able to verify which ports accept the Vladivostok eVisa:
- Airports: You can use the Far East eVisa in “Vladivostok (Knevichy Airport)”, “Petropavlovsk-Kamchatsky (Yelizovo Airport)”, “Blagoveschensk”, “Khabarovsk (Novy Airport)”, “Yuzhno-Sakhalinsk (Khomutovo Airport)”,“Ulan-Ude (Mukhino Airport)”, “Anadyr (Ugolny Airport)”, and “Chita (Kadala Airport).
- Sea ports: If you travel by sea, you can enter “Vladivostok”, “Zarubino”, “Petropavlovsk-Kamchatsky”, “Korsakov”, “Posiet” with this eVisa.
- Railways: In case you use railways, you can only go through “Pogranichny”, “Khasan”, and “Makhalino”.
- Land ports: In the land ports of “Poltavka”, and “Turiy Rog” you’ll be able to use the Vladivostok eVisa.
How long is the Vladivostok e-Visa valid for?
Keep in mind that your Vladivostok eVisa is valid for 30 days after issued, but once you arrive in Russia, you can only use this eVisa for 8 days Per Entry.
What documents should I get before applying online?
A benefit of applying with iVisa is that you don’t need to collect many documents, and you don’t have to spend a lot of time at an embassy either because iVisa’s procedure is online. These are the requirements you need:
- A valid passport, because it’s an essential requirement when traveling. You also have to scan the information page.
- A passport-sized picture, which can be tedious when doing it all by yourself, so you can use iVisa’s Photos to get your picture effortless.
- Your Email Address so you can obtain all the valid information about this process, including the eVisa, of course.
- Payment Methods so you can pay for the fees since this process isn’t free. You can use debit/credit card or Paypal.
How much does the Vladivostok eVisa cost?
You should know that the Russian eVisa price can vary depending on what type of document you need and also your nationality. If you have a Luxembourg passport, then these are your options with iVisa:
- Standard Procedure Time – With this option, you have to wait 9 days and pay no more than USD 25.00, which is an amazing price for just a day of waiting.
- Rush Procedure Time – In this case, you’ll pay USD 40.00, but you’ll just wait 7 days for your document.
- Super Rush Procedure Time – The total price is USD 50.00 this time, but this is the fastest processing alternative because you’ll only wait 5 days.
How is the application form for Vladivostok eVisa?
If you don’t like to spend a lot of time filling in forms, then you’ll be happy to know that iVisa only requires 20 minutes of your time with its online application. Remember that if you need help, you can contact iVisa’s customer assistance anytime.
This is the 3-step method iVisa designed for you:
- In step one, you just have to provide your basic details and complete a questionnaire, and once you’re ready with that, you can select the procedure alternative.
- In step two, use your Paypal or debit/credit card to pay for the fees, but don’t forget to check your personal information first.
- In step three, in this part you have to upload the documents required and attach them to the form. Once you’re ready with that, just send the online form and that’s it!
After you send the form, you’ll just have to wait for your document according to the procedure alternative you selected.
Are the Russian Invitation Letter and the Russian Visa the same document?
No, they’re not the same. In certain circumstances, especially if you want to visit the whole country, you’ll need a Russian Visa. But, to get the Paper Visa, you need to apply for an Invitation Letter first, and iVisa can help you with that part. Just remember that they’re not the same, if you travel to Russia with just the Invitation Letter and not the visa, you won’t be able to enter the country.
Just remember that if you want to visit places like Saint Petersburg or Kaliningrad, then you don’t need a paper visa because these regions have their own travel documentation. With iVisa, you can simply get the Vladivostok, Saint Petersburg, or Kaliningrad eVisa, which are easier to get. Remember that you can apply for a Vladivostok e-Visa if you just want to visit the Far East Region.
Is it safe to use iVisa’s service?
Yes, it’s totally safe to use iVisa’s service because it has an updated system that doesn’t permit unauthorized access to your data. Also, iVisa counts with a professional team that’s been working with this type of documents for many years. If you have doubts, you can read these reviews to verify this information.
Where can I find more information?
Feel free to contact iVisa’s customer service center if you have doubts or questions about this process, or if you need assistance. Don’t forget that on iVisa’s blog you can also find valuable information.