As an Indian citizen, whenever you want to travel to Russia, you need a visa to cross the border. To obtain it, you need to pay a visit to the nearest Russian embassy to get your visa. While iVisa cannot help you get the travel document itself, we can help you get the Russian visa invitation letter that is required for a visa application.
What do you need?
Obtaining a Russian visa invitation letter for Indian citizens is not a demanding task. iVisa will ask you for the following:
- Passport – if you want to apply for a Russian visa invitation letter, you need to hold a passport that is valid for at least another 6 months from the date of arrival in Russia.
- Accommodation information – you need to have proof that you have a place to stay while in Russia. You do not have to book a hotel before you apply, but you need to be able to provide the accommodation information.
- Established travel dates – if you do not know the exact travel dates, you need to be able to provide the closest approximation possible. You do not have to book a flight before you apply.
- E-mail address – iVisa will send you the Russian visa invitation letter via e-mail in PDF format. You need to print it out in color before you take it to the consulate.
- Means of payment – iVisa accepts multiple methods of payment so that you can use the one that is most convenient for you. Credit and debit cards are allowed, but you can use PayPal, Alipay, or WeChat as well.
How to apply for a Russian visa invitation for Indian citizens
Apart from having all of the above, you need to fill in an application form. iVisa created a simple form so that you do not find the task challenging. Plus, if you need some assistance along the way, iVisa’s customer support is at your disposal 24/7 and is free of charge.
The application form is broken down into three steps. The first one asks for personal information, travel details, as well as passport info. Moreover, you need to select a processing time for your application, and you must also state the type of visa you want. Regarding the processing time, you are given three choices for each via type. They are as follows:
- Standard processing – your application is processed within 24 hours, and you are charged $30.
- Rush processing – your invitation letter is ready within 12 hours, and you must pay $55.
- Super Rush processing – you receive your Russian invitation letter in just 30 minutes, but you need to pay $80.
The fees above apply when you want a Tourist invitation letter with a single entry and a 30-day validity period. If you need two entries, the processing time as 24 hours, 6 hours, and 30 minutes, and the fees are $40, $65, and $90 respectively. If you travel to Russian on business, you need a Business Invitation letter, in which case both the processing times and the prices go higher. Your document is ready in 5 business days, 3 business days, and 2 business days. The prices are $80, $105, and $130 respectively.
Step number two requires you to cover the payment and revise your form so that it does not contain errors. The third and last step asks you to upload the supporting documents of your application form. After you finish with the upload, you can submit your form, and you are done.
What is important to remember is that getting a Russian visa invitation letter for Indian citizens is not complicated when you use the services rendered by iVisa. However, remember that you still need to go to the nearest Russian embassy to apply for the visa itself.