As a UK citizen, you need a visa if you wish to travel to Russia. For that, you need to visit the nearest Russian embassy and apply for the document there. However, for your application process, you are going to need a Russian visa invitation letter. We may not be able to process visa applications, but we can help you get your invitation letter.
What are the requirements?
A Russian invitation letter for UK citizens is not difficult to achieve, and iVisa makes the whole process easier. You are going to need the following:
- Passport – if you want to apply for a Russian invitation letter, you need to hold a passport that is valid for at least another 6 months from the date of arrival in Russia. Do not forget to check the expiry date before you apply.
- Accommodation information – you need to have proof that you have a place to stay while in Russia. You do not have to book a hotel before you apply, but you need to be able to provide the accommodation information.
- Established travel dates – if you do not know the exact travel dates, you need to be able to provide the closest approximation possible. You do not have to book a flight before you apply.
- E-mail address – iVisa will send you the Russian invitation letter via e-mail in PDF format. You need to print it out in color before you take it to the consulate.
- Means of payment – iVisa accepts multiple methods of payment so that you can use the one that is most convenient for you. Credit and debit cards are allowed, but you can use PayPal, Alipay, or WeChat as well.
Russian visa invitation letter for UK citizens – processing time and fees
The cost of a Russian invitation letter depends on what type of visa you want to apply for, and the amount of time you want your application to be processed in. As for the latter, you are given three choices:
- Standard processing – your application is processed within 24 hours, and you are charged $30.
- Rush processing – your invitation letter is ready within 12 hours, and you must pay $55.
- Super Rush processing – you receive your Russian invitation letter in just 30 minutes, but you need to pay $80.
Remember that the processing time options and fees above apply when you need a Tourist invitation letter with a single entry and a 30-day validity period. If you want a double-entry Tourist visa, things are a bit different:
- Standard – your application is processed within 24 hours, and you are charged $40.
- Rush – your invitation letter is ready within 6 hours, and you must pay $65.
- Super Rush – you receive your Russian invitation letter in just 30 minutes, but you need to pay $90. For a Business invitation letter, the following applies:
- Standard – your application is processed within 5 business days, and you are charged $80.
- Rush – your invitation letter is ready within 3 business days, and you must pay $105.
- Super Rush – you receive your Russian invitation letter in 2 business days, but you need to pay $130.
The online application form
There is one last thing you need to do to obtain your Russian invitation letter, and that is to fill in an application. The form is so simple that you should not spend more than 20 minutes completing it, but if you need help, iVisa’s customer support is available 24/7.
The first step is simple. You need to provide your general information. This is the moment when you must also select the type of visa you want and the processing time. The second step consists of payment and revision, and the third requires you to upload the supporting documents for your application. When you are done, hit the submit button and iVisa handles the rest.
As you can see, getting a Russian visa invitation letter for the citizens of the UK cannot be easier. iVisa does most of the work so that you can enjoy a hassle-free application process.