A trip to Russia will most likely entail that you must acquire a visa. For that to happen, you need to go to the nearest Russian embassy and submit an application. What you will notice is that for you to apply for a Russian Tourist visa, you need a Russian Tourist invitation letter. iVisa does not process visa applications, but we can help you get that letter in as little as 30 minutes.
What you need to do
The first thing on your checklist should be the required documents and information. You need to put together a list of requirements so that iVisa can get started on getting your Russian tourist invitation letter. You will be asked to provide the following:
- Passport – if you want to apply for a Russian tourist invitation letter, you need to hold a passport that is valid for at least another 6 months from the date of arrival in Russia. Remember to check the expiry date before you apply.
- Accommodation information – you need to have proof that you have a place to stay while in Russia. You do not have to book a hotel before you apply, but you need to be able to provide the accommodation information.
- Established travel dates – if you do not know the exact travel dates, you need to be able to provide the closest approximation possible. You do not have to book a flight before you apply.
- E-mail address – iVisa will send you the Russian invitation letter via e-mail in PDF format. You need to print it out in color before you take it to the consulate.
- Means of payment – iVisa accepts multiple methods of payment so that you can use the one that is most convenient for you. Credit and debit cards are allowed, but you can use PayPal, Alipay, or WeChat as well.
Next, you need to fill in an application form, but you need not worry about it because it is short and quite straightforward. You should be done with it in about 20 minutes. Not to mention that iVisa has an excellent customer support service that is available 24/7 should you need some assistance.
You will notice that the form we are talking about consists of three steps. The first one asks for your personal information, passport information, and travel details. You need to also select a processing time for your application, and make sure that you select ‘Tourist invitation letter’ in the field for visa type. You have two choices there as well, but we will get to that in a second.
What you need to know is that both the visa type and the processing time you select determine the cost of your visa. Regarding the processing, you have three options:
- Standard processing – your application is processed within 24 hours, and you are charged $30.
- Rush processing – your invitation letter is ready within 12 hours, and you must pay $55.
- Super Rush processing – you receive your Russian invitation letter in just 30 minutes, but you need to pay $80. If you want a double-entry Tourist visa, details differ:
- Standard – your application is processed within 24 hours, and you are charged $40.
- Rush – your invitation letter is ready within 6 hours, and you must pay $65.
- Super Rush – you receive your Russian invitation letter in just 30 minutes, but you need to pay $90.
You are now ready to move on to the next step, but during the second, all you have to do is revise your form to search for errors and cover the payment. The third only asks that you upload the supporting documents for you application. When all three steps are complete, you can submit your application and you are done. iVisa will take care of the rest.