Are you planning to spend your vacation in Rwanda? Then chances are you will need to apply for a visa in advance. Fortunately, according to Rwanda’s visa policy, all nationalities that are not from visa-exempt countries have the option of applying for a Rwanda visa online. The electronic visa system was adopted in 2018 so that you can enjoy a stress-free and straightforward online application process. To learn more about the Rwanda e-visa, take a look at the answers of the most commonly asked questions below.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
How does a Rwanda visa look like?
If you take a look below, you will see a Rwanda e-visa sample.
What requirements must I fulfill for a successful application process?
Before you proceed to fill in the online application form, you need to make sure that you meet all the requirements for a successful application process. However, you do not need many things. Only the following:
- Passport – before you start the online application process, take a look at the document’s expiry date. The passport has to be valid for at least another 6 months after arrival and have at least one blank page for the stamp
- Photo – the picture has to be taken as recently as possible and meet the guidelines of a valid passport photo. For example, it needs to be on a white background, you cannot wear glasses, etc.
- E-mail address – iVisa sends you the visa via e-mail in PDF format. Do not forget to print it out before departure. We recommend that you print more than one copy. It is always good to have a spare.
- Means of payment – as far as payment goes, iVisa is pretty flexible. You can use a credit or a debit card, but we also accept PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat. You can use whichever is most convenient.
How long must I wait for my Rwanda visa to arrive?
The timeframe in which your Rwanda visa will arrive depends on which processing time option you pick for your application. iVisa gives you three of them so that you can choose the one that best serves your needs:
- Standard processing – 7 Business Days
- Rush processing – 2 Business Days
- Super Rush processing – 1 Business Day
What is the cost of a Rwanda e-visa?
The price of a Rwanda visa is determined by the processing time you select for your application. The cost per each option are as follows:
- Standard – USD 50.00
- Rush – USD 50.00
- Super Rush – USD 50.00 The service fees are already included.
What is the validity period of a Rwanda visa?
The Rwanda visa has a validity of 30 days after arrival.
How many entries do I have and what is the duration of stay?
The Rwanda visa grants Single Entry, and it allows a stay that cannot exceed. 30 days Per Entry. Hopefully, the information above satisfies your curiosity. However, if you have more questions or concerns about the online application process of getting a Rwanda visa, do not hesitate to contact iVisa’s customer support. You can reach the service via online chat or phone at no charge.