Keeping yourself adequately informed before traveling to a foreign country is crucial. After all, you need to comply with a set of rules. Otherwise, your trip is impossible. However, when it comes to a trip to Rwanda, there is nothing for you to worry about. You are either exempt from getting a Rwanda visa for 90 days, or you have the option to apply online for one. Either way, things are not difficult. To learn more about Rwanda’s electronic visa, you can read the information provided for you below.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
What nationalities are exempt from getting a Rwanda visa?
The following nationalities do not have to apply for a Rwanda visa before departure: the citizens of Angola, Benin, Burundi, CAR (Central African Republic), Chad, DR Congo, Ghana, Guinea, Haiti, Indonesia, Kenya, Mauritius, Philippines, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Seychelles, Singapore, South Sudan, Tanzania, and Uganda.
What requirements must I fulfill for a successful application process?
Before you proceed to start the online application process to acquire a Rwanda visa, you need to make sure that you have at hand the following:
- Passport – before you start the online application process, take a look at the document’s expiry date. The passport has to be valid for at least another 6 months after arrival and have at least one blank page for the stamp
- Photo – the picture has to be taken as recently as possible and meet the guidelines of a valid passport photo. For example, it needs to be on a white background, you cannot wear glasses, etc.
- E-mail address – iVisa sends you the visa via e-mail in PDF format. Do not forget to print it out before departure. We recommend that you print more than one copy. It is always good to have a spare.
- Means of payment – as far as payment goes, iVisa is pretty flexible. You can use a credit or a debit card, but we also accept PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat. You can use whichever is most convenient.
How long must I wait for my Rwanda visa to arrive?
Your Rwanda visa is ready in the timeframe of your choosing. iVisa gives you three options when it comes to the processing time of your application so that you can select the one that best suits your needs:
- Standard processing – 7 Business Days
- Rush processing – 2 Business Days
- Super Rush processing – 1 Business Day
What is the cost of a Rwanda e-visa?
The amount you are charged for a Rwanda visa is determined by the processing time of your application. Here are the prices:
- Standard – USD 50.00
- Rush – USD 50.00
- Super Rush – USD 50.00
The service fees are already included in the prices above.
What is the validity period of a Rwanda visa?
The Rwanda visa is valid for 30 days after arrival.
Is the Rwanda e-visa a multiple-entry visa?
How many entries do I have and what is the duration of stay?
The Rwanda visa grants Single Entry, and you are allowed to stay in Rwanda for up to 30 days Per Entry.