Planning a trip to Rwanda means that you have to apply for a Rwanda visa online before departure. iVisa can help with the online application process so that you can obtain the travel document with as little effort as possible. The e-visa grants you a Single Entry , and you cannot stay in Rwanda for more than 30 days Per Entry . Below, you will find the answers to the most frequent asked questions.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
Can Afghan citizens apply for a Rwanda visa online?
Yes, all nationalities can apply for a Rwanda visa online unless they are visa exempt. The citizens of Afghanistan are not.
What do I need to apply for a Rwanda visa online?
The Rwanda visa does not require much effort on your behalf. You only need the following:
- Passport – all applicants must be passport holders. Plus, the travel document needs to remain valid for at least another 6 months from the date of arrival in Rwanda. A blank page is also necessary.
- Photo – you must ensure that the picture is taken as recently as possible. The background needs to be white.
- E-mail address – the Rwanda visa arrives via e-mail, which is why you need to provide iVisa with a valid address to which you have access.
- Means of payment – an online application process requires a method of payment that allows you to pay online. iVisa accepts credit and debit cards, but you can use PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat as well.
How long does it take for my application to be processed?
It depends on the processing time option you select during the application process. iVisa gives you three options:
- Standard processing – your Rwanda visa arrives in 7 Business Days.
- Rush processing – your application is processed within just 2 Business Days.
- Super Rush processing – your travel document is ready within just 1 Business Day.
How much does a Rwanda e-visa cost?
The fee you pay depends on the processing time option you select. Consequently, you will be charged as follows:
- Standard processing – USD 50.00
- Rush processing – USD 50.00
- Super Rush processing – USD 50.00
The cost of the visa itself remains the same. Only the service fee is different. The sooner you want your travel document, the higher the service fee is.
What is an East Africa visa?
The East Africa visa grants you entry in three countries: Rwanda, Uganda, and Kenya. It is best to apply for the East Africa Visa if you plan to visit all three. However, you need to enter Rwanda first to be able to use this visa.
Does the East Africa Visa have special requirements?
Apart from the documents and information mentioned above, you will need the following:
- A travel itinerary
- Vaccination certificate for Yellow Fever
- Return flight ticket
- A contact in Uganda – this can be a person, a travel agency, an organization, etc.
What is the processing time options and the fees for an East Africa Visa?
Again, the cost of an East Africa Visa depends on the processing timeframe you select. Here are your options:
- Standard processing – it takes 6 Business Days , for your application to be processed, and you must pay USD 100.00
- Rush processing – your visa arrives in 4 Business Days , and you are charged USD 100.00.
- Super Rush processing – your travel document is ready within 2 Business Days, and you spend USD 100.00 on it.
How long is the East Africa Visa valid for?
The East Africa visa is valid for 90 days after arrival after arrival. This is a Multiple Entry, and you cannot stay in the country of destination for more than 90 days Per Entry.