If you plan to travel to Rwanda for your vacation, know that you may also have to apply for a Rwanda visa. iVisa ensures a smooth and fast online application process so that your effort in getting your travel document is as small as possible. The e-visa is valid for a Single Entry, and you can stay in Rwanda for no more than 30 days Per Entry. Below, you will find the information you need for a successful application process.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
Can Albanian citizens apply for a Rwanda visa online?
Yes. All nationalities that are not visa exempt can apply online for a Rwanda visa, and the citizens of Albania are not exempt.
What do I need to apply for a Rwanda visa online?
As you will find out, you do not need much to apply online for a Rwanda visa. Only the following:
- Passport – all applicants must be passport holders. Plus, the travel document needs to remain valid for at least another 6 months from the date of arrival in Rwanda. A blank page is also necessary.
- Photo – you must ensure that the picture is taken as recently as possible. The background needs to be white.
- E-mail address – the Rwanda visa arrives via e-mail, which is why you need to provide iVisa with a valid address to which you have access.
- Means of payment – an online application process requires a method of payment that allows you to pay online. iVisa accepts credit and debit cards, but you can use PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat as well.
How long does it take for my application to be processed?
The processing time can vary depending on how soon you need your Rwanda visa. iVisa gives you three options so that you can choose the one that best suits your needs:
- Standard processing – your Rwanda visa arrives in 7 business days.
- Rush processing – your application is processed within just 2 business days.
- Super Rush processing – your travel document is ready within just 24 hours.
How much does a Rwanda e-visa cost?
The price of your Rwanda visa is determined by the processing time option you select during the application process. They are as follows:
- Standard processing – USD 50.00
- Rush processing – USD 50.00
- Super Rush processing – USD 50.00
What is an East Africa visa?
The East Africa visa is a document that grants entry in three countries: Rwanda, Kenya, and Uganda. You will need it if you plan to visit all three countries on the same trip. Nevertheless, keep in mind that if you apply for this visa, you need to enter Rwanda first.
Does the East Africa Visa have special requirements?
Many of the requirements are the same as for the Rwanda e-visa. However, you will need some additional documents. They are as follows:
- A travel itinerary
- Vaccination certificate for Yellow Fever
- Return flight ticket
- A contact in Uganda – this can be a person, a travel agency, an organization, etc.
What is the processing time options and the fees for an East Africa Visa?
The East Africa Visa fees, just like with the Rwanda visa, are established by the processing time option you select during the application process. Here are your choices:
- Standard processing – it takes 6 business days for your application to be processed, and you must pay USD 100.00
- Rush processing – your visa arrives in 4 business days, and you are charged USD 100.00.
- Super Rush processing – your travel document is ready within 2 business days, and you spend USD 100.00 on it.
How long is the East Africa Visa valid for?
Unlike the Rwanda visa, the East Africa visa is valid for 90 days after arrival after arrival, it covers Multiple Entry, and it grants a stay of 90 days Per Entry.