Traveling to Rwanda is not possible unless you get a visa. Fortunately, you can apply online for an electronic visa, and iVisa can help with the process. The document you receive is valid for Single Entry, and it allows you to stay in Rwanda for no more than 30 days Per Entry. To learn more about the online application process, read the answers to the most frequently asked questions listed below.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
Can Algerian citizens apply for a Rwanda visa online?
The answer is yes. All nationalities can apply online for a Rwanda visa unless they are visa exempt. And Algerians are not.
What do I need to apply for a Rwanda visa online?
You will be pleased to learn that you do not need much to apply for a Rwanda visa online. Here is that you must have at hand during the application process:
- Passport – all applicants must be passport holders. Plus, the travel document needs to remain valid for at least another 6 months from the date of arrival in Rwanda. A blank page is also necessary.
- Photo – you must ensure that the picture is taken as recently as possible. The background needs to be white.
- E-mail address – the Rwanda visa arrives via e-mail, which is why you need to provide iVisa with a valid address to which you have access.
- Means of payment – an online application process requires a method of payment that allows you to pay online. iVisa accepts credit and debit cards, but you can use PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat as well.
How long does it take for my application to be processed?
It depends. iVisa gives you three options when it comes to processing time so that you can choose the one that best works for you. Here is what you can opt for:
- Standard processing – your [Rwanda visa] arrives in 7 days.
- Rush processing – your application is processed within just 48 hours
- Super Rush processing – your travel document is ready within just 24 hours
How much does a Rwanda e-visa cost?
The amount of money you will spend on your Rwanda visa is determined by the processing timeframe you select. They are as follows:
- Standard processing – USD 30.00
- Rush processing – USD 30.00.
- Super Rush processing – USD 30.00.
What is a Rwanda East Africa visa?
When you plan to visit Rwanda, Kenya, and Uganda on the same trip, you are given the option to apply for a Rwanda East Africa Visa. The document grants you entry in all three countries. Just keep in mind that the first one to visit must be Rwanda.
Does the East Africa Visa have special requirements?
You will need a few additional documents for a Rwanda East Africa Visa. They are as follows:
- A travel itinerary
- Vaccination certificate for Yellow Fever
- Return flight ticket
- A contact in Uganda – this can be a person, a travel agency, an organization, etc.
What are the East Africa Visa processing time and fees?
Just like with the Rwanda e-visa, the cost of a Rwanda East Africa Visa depends on the processing timeframe you select during the application process. Here is what you can choose from.
- Standard processing – it takes 6 days for your application to be processed, and you must pay USD 100.00
- Rush processing – your visa arrives within 4 days, and you are charged USD 100.00.
- Super Rush processing – your travel document is ready within 48 hours, and you spend USD 100.00 on it.
How long is the Rwanda East Africa Visa valid for?
The Rwanda East Africa Visa is valid for 90 days after arrival. This is a Multiple Entry visa, and the maximum stay is of 90 days Per Entry.