When deciding to plan a trip to Rwanda, you also need to think about the visa. Fortunately, the Rwanda visa is available online, and iVisa can help you get it. The document is valid for Single Entry, and you cannot stay in Rwanda for more than 30 days Per Entry. Below, you will find the answers to the most frequently asked questions so that you can have a successful application process.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
Can the citizens of Antigua and Barbuda apply for a Rwanda visa online?
Yes. The citizens of Antigua and Barbuda are not among the visa-exempt nationalities. Therefore, you need to apply for a Rwanda visa before departure.
What do I need to apply for a Rwanda visa online?
Here is the list of what you need to get a Rwanda e-visa:
- Passport – all applicants must be passport holders. Plus, the travel document needs to remain valid for at least another 6 months from the date of arrival in Rwanda. A blank page is also necessary.
- Photo – you must ensure that the picture is taken as recently as possible. The background needs to be white.
- E-mail address – the Rwanda visa arrives via e-mail, which is why you need to provide iVisa with a valid address to which you have access.
- Means of payment – an online application process requires a method of payment that allows you to pay online. iVisa accepts credit and debit cards, but you can use PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat as well.
How long does it take for my application to be processed?
iVisa understands that people have different needs, which is why you are given three options when it comes to processing time. They are as follows:
- Standard processing – your Rwanda visa arrives in 7 Business Days.
- Rush processing – your application is processed within just 2 Business Days.
- Super Rush processing – your travel document is ready within just 1 Business Day.
How much does a Rwanda e-visa cost?
The cost of your Rwanda visa depends on how soon you want your application form to be processed. As a result, the faster you want your visa, the more you have to pay for it. Here are the fees:
- Standard processing – USD 50.00
- Rush processing – USD 50.00
- Super Rush processing – USD 50.00
Remember that the price of the travel document itself remains the same. Only the service fee changes with each option.
What is the Rwanda East Africa visa?
In case you plan to visit Rwanda, Kenya, and Uganda on the same trip, a Rwanda East Africa visa will grant you entry in all three countries. That way, you do not have to apply for a visa for each state separately. However, the Rwanda East Africa visa is valid only if you enter Rwanda first.
Does the Rwanda East Africa Visa have special requirements?
Along with the requirements for the Rwanda visa, for the Rwanda East Africa visa, you will also need the following:
- A travel itinerary
- Vaccination certificate for Yellow Fever
- Return flight ticket
- A contact in Uganda – this can be a person, a travel agency, an organization, etc.
What is the Rwanda East Africa Visa processing time and fees?
Same as for the Rwanda visa, the amount of money you will be charged for your Rwanda East Africa visa is determined by the processing time you select during the application process. Your options are as follows:
- Standard processing – it takes 6 Business Days for your application to be processed, and you must pay USD 100.00
- Rush processing – your visa arrives within 4 Business Days, and you are charged USD 100.00.
- Super Rush processing – your travel document is ready within 2 Business Days, and you spend USD 100.00 on it.
How long is the Rwanda East Africa Visa valid for?
The Rwanda East Africa visa has a validity period of 90 days after arrival. It covers Multiple Entry, and the duration of stay cannot exceed 90 days Per Entry.