Traveling to Rwanda for tourism purposes means that you have to obtain a visa before departure. Fortunately, the document is available online, and iVisa can help with the online application process. The e-visa you will receive is valid for Single Entry, and you can stay in Rwanda for no more than 30 days Per Entry. Below, you will find the answers to the most frequently asked questions about the online application process.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
Can Argentinian citizens apply for a Rwanda visa online?
Yes. All nationalities can apply online for a Rwanda visa. Only the visa-exempt nationalities do not require one.
What do I need to apply for a Rwanda visa online?
The list of requirements for a Rwanda visa is short and contains items that are easy to obtain. You will need the following:
- Passport – all applicants must be passport holders. Plus, the travel document needs to remain valid for at least another 6 months from the date of arrival in Rwanda. A blank page is also necessary.
- Photo – you must ensure that the picture is taken as recently as possible. The background needs to be white.
- E-mail address – the Rwanda visa arrives via e-mail, which is why you need to provide iVisa with a valid address to which you have access.
- Means of payment – an online application process requires a method of payment that allows you to pay online. iVisa accepts credit and debit cards, but you can use PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat as well.
How long does it take for my application to be processed?
As far as processing is concerned, iVisa gives you three options so that you can choose the one that is most convenient for you:
- Standard processing – your Rwanda visa arrives in 7 business days.
- Rush processing – your application is processed within just 2 business days.
- Super Rush processing – your travel document is ready within just 24 hours.
How much does a Rwanda e-visa cost?
The cost of a Rwanda visa depends on the processing time you choose. As a result, the fees are as follows:
- Standard processing – USD 50.00
- Rush processing – USD 50.00
- Super Rush processing – USD 50.00
What you should know is that the price for the visa itself is the same in all three cases. Only the service fee is different.
What is the Rwanda East Africa visa?
The Rwanda East Africa visa grants you entry in Rwanda, Kenya, and Uganda. It is the best choice if you plan to travel to all three countries on the same trip.
Does the Rwanda East Africa Visa have special requirements?
Here are the additional documents required for a Rwanda East Africa visa:
- A travel itinerary
- Vaccination certificate for Yellow Fever
- Return flight ticket
- A contact in Uganda – this can be a person, a travel agency, an organization, etc.
What is the Rwanda East Africa Visa processing time and fees?
Just like with the Rwanda visa, the cost of a Rwanda East Africa visa depends on the processing time. Your options are as follows:
- Standard processing – it takes 6 business days for your application to be processed, and you must pay USD 100.00
- Rush processing – your visa arrives within 4 business days, and you are charged USD 100.00.
- Super Rush processing – your travel document is ready within 2 business days, and you spend USD 100.00 on it.
How long is the Rwanda East Africa Visa valid for?
The Rwanda East Africa visa is valid for 90 days after arrival, it grants Multiple Entry, and your stay cannot exceed 90 days Per Entry.