When traveling to Rwanda for tourism purposes, one of the first things you need to do is to apply for a visa. However, you should know that you can get the Rwanda visa online, and iVisa can help you. The document you will receive is valid for Single Entry, and you can spend as much as 30 days Per Entry in Rwanda. To learn more about the online application process, below, you will find the answers to the most frequently asked questions.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
Can Armenian citizens apply for a Rwanda visa online?
Yes. Everyone can apply for a Rwanda visa online. Only visa-exempt nationalities do not have to, which is not the case here.
What do I need to apply for a Rwanda visa online?
Before you start the online application process for a Rwanda e-visa, you need to make sure you have the following:
- Passport – all applicants must be passport holders. Plus, the travel document needs to remain valid for at least another 6 months from the date of arrival in Rwanda. A blank page is also necessary.
- Photo – you must ensure that the picture is taken as recently as possible. The background needs to be white.
- E-mail address – the Rwanda visa arrives via e-mail, which is why you need to provide iVisa with a valid address to which you have access.
- Means of payment – an online application process requires a method of payment that allows you to pay online. iVisa accepts credit and debit cards, but you can use PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat as well.
How long does it take for my application to be processed?
Your waiting period depends on which processing timeframe you select during the application process. iVisa gives you three options so that you can choose the one that best works for you. they are as follows:
- Standard processing – your Rwanda visa arrives in 7 business days.
- Rush processing – USD 30.00
- Super Rush processing – your travel document is ready within just 24 hours.
How much does a Rwanda e-visa cost?
Again, it depends on the processing time option you select. Each choice has the following fees:
- Standard processing – USD 30.00
- Rush processing – USD 30.00
- Super Rush processing – USD 30.00
What you should know is that the cost of the visa itself is the same at all times. Only the service fee changes with each processing time.
What is the Rwanda East Africa visa?
The Rwanda East Africa visa is a document you can apply for if you plan to visit Rwanda, Kenya, and Uganda on the same trip. However, keep in mind that Rwanda must be the first country you enter.
Does the Rwanda East Africa Visa have special requirements?
Together with the requirements for a Rwanda visa, you will need the following:
- A travel itinerary
- Vaccination certificate for Yellow Fever
- Return flight ticket
- A contact in Uganda – this can be a person, a travel agency, an organization, etc.
What is the Rwanda East Africa Visa processing time and fees?
Same as with the Rwanda visa, the Rwanda East Africa visa comes with three processing time options. They are as follows:
- Standard processing – it takes 6 business days for your application to be processed, and you must pay USD 100.00
- Rush processing – your visa arrives within 4 business days, and you are charged USD 100.00.
- Super Rush processing – your travel document is ready within 2 business days, and you spend USD 100.00 on it.
How long is the Rwanda East Africa Visa valid for?
Unlike the Rwanda visa, the Rwanda East Africa visa has a validity of 90 days after arrival after arrival. You can use the document for Multiple Entry, and your stay is up to 90 days Per Entry per entry.