When taking a trip to Rwanda, one of the first things you have to do is to apply for a Rwanda visa. Fortunately, you can acquire the travel document online, and iVisa can facilitate the process. The document you will receive is valid for Single Entry, and you will be able to spend up to Max Stay: 30 days Per Entry in Rwanda. For more information, read the answers to the most frequently asked questions below.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
Can Austrian citizens apply for a Rwanda visa online?
Yes, of course. All nationalities are eligible for a Rwanda visa, except for those who are visa exempt.
What do I need to apply for a Rwanda visa online?
The first things you need to take care of is to make sure that you meet the requirements. Here is what you will need:
- Passport – all applicants must be passport holders. Plus, the travel document needs to remain valid for at least another 6 months from the date of arrival in Rwanda. A blank page is also necessary.
- Photo – you must ensure that the picture is taken as recently as possible. The background needs to be white.
- E-mail address – the Rwanda visa arrives via e-mail, which is why you need to provide iVisa with a valid address to which you have access.
- Means of payment – an online application process requires a method of payment that allows you to pay online. iVisa accepts credit and debit cards, but you can use PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat as well.
How long does it take for my application to be processed?
The time you have to wait for your Rwanda visa depends on the processing time option you select when you fill in the application form. iVisa gives you three options:
- Standard processing – your Rwanda visa arrives in 7 business days.
- Rush processing – your application is processed within just 2 business days.
- Super Rush processing – your travel document is ready within just 24 hours.
How much does a Rwanda e-visa cost?
The cost of your Rwanda visa depends on which processing time option you opt for. As a result, you will be charged as follows:
- Standard processing – USD 30.00
- Rush processing – USD 30.00
- Super Rush processing – USD 30.00
What you should know that the price of the visa remains the same. Only the service fee changes with each processing option.
What is the Rwanda East Africa visa?
When you plan to visit Rwanda, Kenya, and Uganda in one trip, you can apply for a Rwanda East Africa visa. It will cover your entry in all three countries. For this to work, however, you need to visit Rwanda first.
Does the Rwanda East Africa Visa have special requirements?
Yes. You will need the following additional documents:
- A travel itinerary
- Vaccination certificate for Yellow Fever
- Return flight ticket
- A contact in Uganda – this can be a person, a travel agency, an organization, etc.
What is the Rwanda East Africa Visa processing time and fees?
Again, the cost of your Rwanda East Africa visa is determined by the processing time option you select for your application. You have the following choices at hand:
- Standard processing – it takes 6 business days for your application to be processed, and you must pay USD 100.00
- Rush processing – your visa arrives within 4 business days, and you are charged USD 100.00.
- Super Rush processing – your travel document is ready within 2 business days, and you spend USD 100.00 on it.
How long is the Rwanda East Africa Visa valid for?
Unlike the Rwanda visa, the Rwanda East Africa visa is valid for 90 days after arrival, and you can use it for Multiple Entry. Your stay is limited to Max Stay: 90 days Per Entry.