One of the first things you need to be concerned about before traveling to Rwanda is the visa. Fortunately, Rwanda adopted the electronic visa system, meaning that you can apply for a Rwanda visa online. The document is valid for Single Entry, and its holder can stay in Rwanda for up to 30 days Per Entry. Below, you will find more information about the application process.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
Can the citizens of Bahrain apply for a Rwanda visa online?
Yes. All nationalities, except for those who are visa exempt, are eligible for a Rwanda e-visa.
What do I need to apply for a Rwanda visa online?
As you will see, there are not many requirements on the list. Plus, the ones on it are easy to fulfill. Here is what you need:
- Passport – all applicants must be passport holders. Plus, the travel document needs to remain valid for at least another 6 months from the date of arrival in Rwanda. A blank page is also necessary.
- Photo – you must ensure that the picture is taken as recently as possible. The background needs to be white.
- E-mail address – the Rwanda visa arrives via e-mail, which is why you need to provide iVisa with a valid address to which you have access.
- Means of payment – an online application process requires a method of payment that allows you to pay online. iVisa accepts credit and debit cards, but you can use PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat as well.
How long does it take for my application to be processed?
That depends. iVisa knows that people have different needs, which is why it created three processing time options. That way, you can choose the one that best suits your needs. They are as follows:
- Standard processing – your Rwanda visa arrives in 7 business days.
- Rush processing – your application is processed within just 2 business days.
- Super Rush processing – your travel document is ready within just 24 hours.
How much does a Rwanda e-visa cost?
The amount you will be charged is determined by the processing timeframe you select for your application. With that being said, the fees are as follows:
- Standard processing – USD 30.00
- Rush processing – USD 30.00
- Super Rush processing – USD 30.00
What you should know here is that the cost of the visa itself is the same in all three cases. However, the service fee goes higher with each processing time.
What is the Rwanda East Africa visa?
In case you wish to visit Rwanda, Uganda, and Kenya on the same trip, you can apply for a document that grants entry in all three countries. We are referring to the Rwanda East Africa visa. However, for this scheme to work, you need to enter Rwanda first.
Does the Rwanda East Africa Visa have special requirements?
Just a few. Along with the requirements you have for the Rwanda visa, you also need to have at hand the following:
- A travel itinerary
- Vaccination certificate for Yellow Fever
- Return flight ticket
- A contact in Uganda – this can be a person, a travel agency, an organization, etc.
What is the Rwanda East Africa Visa processing time and fees?
This is the same as with the Rwanda visa. The cost of a Rwanda East Africa visa is directly related to the cost. Again, you have three options you can choose from:
- Standard processing – it takes 6 business days for your application to be processed, and you must pay USD 100.00
- Rush processing – your visa arrives within 4 business days, and you are charged USD 100.00.
- Super Rush processing – your travel document is ready within 2 business days, and you spend USD 100.00 on it.
How long is the Rwanda East Africa Visa valid for?
The Rwanda East Africa visa has a validity period of 90 days after arrival. You can use it for Multiple Entry, and your stay cannot exceed 90 days Per Entry.