A trip to Rwanda means that you have to obtain a visa unless you are visa exempt. Lucky for you, there is an electronic visa available, which means that you can apply for a Rwanda visa online. iVisa can facilitate the process. The document you will receive is valid for Single Entry, and you are allowed to stay in Rwanda for a period that cannot exceed 30 days Per Entry. Read the answers to the most frequently asked questions below to find more information about the application process.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
Can the citizens of Bangladesh apply for a Rwanda visa online?
Yes. All nationalities that require a visa to enter Rwanda can apply for a visa online.
What do I need to apply for a Rwanda visa online?
As you will notice, the requirements for a Rwanda visa are not many, and they are easy to meet. Here is what you must have at hand for a successful application process:
- Passport – the travel document needs to remain valid for at least another 6 months from the date of arrival in Rwanda. A blank page is also necessary.
- Photo – you must ensure that the picture is recent and taken on a white background.
- E-mail address – the Rwanda visa arrives via e-mail, which is why you need to provide a valid address to which you have access.
- Means of payment – iVisa accepts credit and debit cards, but you can use PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat as well.
How long does it take for my application to be processed?
That is for you to decide. Since people have different needs, iVisa created three options for processing. That way, you can choose the one that best works for you. They are as follows:
- Standard processing – your Rwanda visa arrives in 7 Business Days.
- Rush processing – your application is processed within just 2 Business Days.
- Super Rush processing – your travel document is ready within just 1 Business Day.
How much does a Rwanda e-visa cost?
The price of a Rwanda visa is established by the processing time you choose for your application. As a result, the fees are as follows:
- Standard processing – USD 50.00
- Rush processing – USD 50.00
- Super Rush processing – USD 50.00
What is worth mentioning at this point is that the cost of the Rwanda visa remains the same. Only the service fee is different for each processing timeframe.
What is the Rwanda East Africa visa?
If you plan to visit Rwanda, Kenya, and Uganda on the same trip, you have the possibility to apply for a Rwanda East Africa visa. It will grant you entry in all three countries. That way, you get to apply for one visa instead of three. However, for this to work, you need to go to Rwanda first, and then to the other two states.
Does the Rwanda East Africa Visa have special requirements?
Yes, but not many. Along with the documents you need for the Rwanda visa, the Rwanda East Africa visa requires the following:
- A travel itinerary
- Vaccination certificate for Yellow Fever
- Return flight ticket
- A contact in Uganda – this can be a person, a travel agency, an organization, etc.
What are the Rwanda East Africa Visa processing time and fees?
This is the same as for the Rwanda visa. The cost of your travel document is dictated by the processing timeframe you choose for your application. Here is what you can opt for:
- Standard processing – it takes 6 Business Days for your application to be processed, and you must pay USD 100.00
- Rush processing – your visa arrives within 4 Business Days, and you are charged USD 100.00.
- Super Rush processing – your travel document is ready within 2 Business Days, and you spend USD 100.00 on it.
How long is the Rwanda East Africa Visa valid for?
As opposed to the Rwanda visa, the Rwanda East Africa visa is valid for 90 days after arrival. You are granted Multiple Entry, and your stay is limited to 90 days Per Entry.