Before traveling to Rwanda, one of the first things you need to take care of is the visa. Fortunately, Rwanda has an electronic visa system put in place, which means that you can apply for a Rwanda visa online. iVisa can help you get it with minimal effort. The document you receive is valid for a Single Entry, and it allows you to stay in Rwanda for no more than 30 days Per Entry. Below, you will find the information you need for a successful application process.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
Can the citizens of Barbados apply for a Rwanda visa online?
Yes. All nationalities that need a visa to enter Rwanda can apply for a visa online.
What do I need to apply for a Rwanda visa online?
When you take a look at the list of requirements, you will notice that all the items on it are easy to acquire. You will need the following:
- Passport – the travel document needs to remain valid for at least another 6 months from the date of arrival in Rwanda. A blank page is also necessary.
- Photo – you must ensure that the picture is recent and taken on a white background.
- E-mail address – the Rwanda visa arrives via e-mail, which is why you need to provide a valid address to which you have access.
- Means of payment – iVisa accepts credit and debit cards, but you can use PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat as well.
How long does it take for my application to be processed?
The waiting period for a Rwanda e-visa depends on which processing time option you select when you fill in the application form. iVisa gives you three choices so that you can pick the one that best works for you. They are as follows:
- Standard processing – your [Rwanda visa] arrives in 7 Business Days.
- Rush processing – your application is processed within just 2 Business Days.
- Super Rush processing – your travel document is ready within just 1 Business Day.
How much does a Rwanda e-visa cost?
The price of a Rwanda visa is determined by the processing time option you select for your application. They are as follows:
- Standard processing – USD 50.00
- Rush processing – USD 50.00
- Super Rush processing – USD 50.00
What is the Rwanda East Africa visa?
In case you wish to visit Rwanda, Kenya, and Uganda in a single trip, you can apply for a Rwanda East Africa visa. The document grants you entry in all three countries. However, for this to work, you need to enter Rwanda first, and then the other two.
Does the Rwanda East Africa Visa have special requirements?
You need the documents on the list of requirements for a Rwanda visa, plus the following:
- A travel itinerary
- Vaccination certificate for Yellow Fever
- Return flight ticket
- A contact in Uganda – this can be a person, a travel agency, an organization, etc.
What is the Rwanda East Africa Visa processing time and fees?
The Rwanda East Africa visa processing time and fees are established just like with the Rwanda visa. You must choose a processing time for your application, and the cost will be determined by your choice. Your options are as follows:
- Standard processing – it takes 6 Business Days for your application to be processed, and you must pay USD 100.00
- Rush processing – your visa arrives within 4 Business Days, and you are charged USD 100.00.
- Super Rush processing – your travel document is ready within 2 Business Days, and you spend USD 100.00 on it.
How long is the Rwanda East Africa Visa valid for?
The Rwanda East Africa visa is different than the Rwanda visa. It has a validity period of 90 days after arrival, it covers Multiple Entry, and once you arrive at your destination, you cannot stay there for more than 90 days Per Entry.