Planning a trip to Rwanda for tourism purposes requires a visa. Fortunately, you are given the opportunity to apply online for your Rwanda visa, and iVisa is here to help. The document is valid for Single Entry, and you cannot stay in the country for more than 30 days Per Entry. To find out more about the online application process, read the answers to the most frequently asked questions you find below.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
Can the citizens of Botswana apply for a Rwanda visa online?
Yes. All the nationalities, except those that are visa exempt, can apply for a Rwanda e-visa.
What do I need to apply for a Rwanda visa online?
As you will find out, the list of requirements is short and contains items that are easy to acquire. Here is what you will need:
- Passport – all applicants must be passport holders. Plus, the travel document needs to remain valid for at least another 6 months from the date of arrival in Rwanda. A blank page is also necessary.
- Photo – you must ensure that the picture is taken as recently as possible. The background needs to be white.
- E-mail address – the Rwanda visa arrives via e-mail, which is why you need to provide iVisa with a valid address to which you have access.
- Means of payment – an online application process requires a method of payment that allows you to pay online. iVisa accepts credit and debit cards, but you can use PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat as well.
How long does it take for my application to be processed?
Your application form will be processed depending on which option you select during the application process. iVisa gives you three choices so that you can opt for the one that best suits your need:
- Standard processing – your Rwanda visa arrives in 7 Business Days.
- Rush processing – your application is processed within just 2 Business Days.
- Super Rush processing – your travel document is ready within just 1 Business Day.
How much does a Rwanda e-visa cost?
The cost of a Rwanda e-visa depends on which processing time you choose for your application. As a result, the fees are as follows:
- Standard processing – USD 50.00
- Rush processing – USD 50.00
- Super Rush processing – USD 50.00
Keep in mind that the price of the visa itself stays the same. It is only the service fee that goes higher and higher with each option.
What is the Rwanda East Africa visa?
In case you decide that you want to visit Rwanda, Kenya, and Uganda on the same trip, you can apply for a Rwanda East Africa visa. It will grant you entry in all three states. But remember that Rwanda must be the first country you visit.
Does the Rwanda East Africa Visa have special requirements?
Apart from the list mentioned above, you will need the following additional documents:
- A travel itinerary
- Vaccination certificate for Yellow Fever
- Return flight ticket
- A contact in Uganda – this can be a person, a travel agency, an organization, etc.
What is the Rwanda East Africa Visa processing time and fees?
Just like with the Rwanda visa, the cost of a Rwanda East Africa visa depends on which processing timeframe you select for your application. Your options are as follows:
- Standard processing – it takes 6 Business Days for your application to be processed, and you must pay USD 100.00
- Rush processing – your visa arrives within 4 Business Days, and you are charged USD 100.00.
- Super Rush processing – your travel document is ready within 2 Business Days, and you spend USD 100.00 on it.
How long is the Rwanda East Africa Visa valid for?
The Rwanda East Africa visa has a validity of 90 days after arrival, it provides Multiple Entry, and it grants a stay of up to 90 days Per Entry.