Are you planning a trip to Rwanda anytime soon? Then you should know that you need a visa to enter the country. However, in 2018, Rwanda adopted the electronic visa system, which means that you can apply for a Rwanda visa online. iVisa ensures a smooth and fast application process. The e-visa is valid for Single Entry, and you can stay in Rwanda for no more than 30 days Per Entry. Below, you will find the answers to the most frequently asked questions so that you can learn more about the Rwanda e-visa.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
Can Brazilian citizens apply for a Rwanda visa online?
Yes, the citizens of Brazil have the opportunity to apply online for a Rwanda visa.
What do I need to apply for a Rwanda visa online?
Not much. The list of requirements is short, and the items on it are easy to acquire. Here is what you need:
- Passport – the travel document needs to remain valid for at least another 6 months from the date of arrival in Rwanda. A blank page is also necessary.
- Photo – you must ensure that the picture is recent and taken on a white background.
- E-mail address – the Rwanda visa arrives via e-mail, which is why you need to provide a valid address to which you have access.
- Means of payment – iVisa accepts credit and debit cards, but you can use PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat as well.
How long does it take for my application to be processed?
That depends on you. iVisa created three processing time options so that you can select the one that best suits your needs. They are as follows:
- Standard processing – your Rwanda visa arrives in 7 days.
- Rush processing – your application is processed within just 48 hours.
- Super Rush processing – your travel document is ready within just 24 hours.
How much does a Rwanda e-visa cost?
The price of a Rwanda visa is established by the processing time option you choose for your application. Consequently, the fees are as follows:
- Standard processing – USD 30.00
- Rush processing – USD 30.00
- Super Rush processing – USD 30.00
What is the Rwanda East Africa visa?
Many travelers choose to visit Rwanda, Kenya, and Uganda in the same trip. Instead of applying for three different travel documents, you can obtain a Rwanda East Africa visa and have access to all three countries. However, remember that in order for this scheme to work, you need to enter Rwanda first.
Does the Rwanda East Africa Visa have special requirements?
Yes, but you should have no issues in getting them. Apart from the things you need for a Rwanda visa, you will also need the following:
- A travel itinerary
- Vaccination certificate for Yellow Fever
- Return flight ticket
- A contact in Uganda – this can be a person, a travel agency, an organization, etc.
What is the Rwanda East Africa Visa processing time and fees?
The same as with the Rwanda visa, the cost of a Rwanda East Africa visa depends on which processing time option you select for your application. Here is what you can choose from:
- Standard processing – it takes 6 days for your application to be processed, and you must pay USD 100.00
- Rush processing – your visa arrives within 4 days, and you are charged USD 100.00.
- Super Rush processing – your travel document is ready within 48 hours, and you spend USD 100.00 on it.
How long is the Rwanda East Africa Visa valid for?
The Rwanda East Africa visa is different from the Rwanda visa. It has a validity period of 90 days after arrival, it grants Multiple Entry, and you can stay at your destination for up to 90 days Per Entry.