Before you travel to Rwanda, you need to obtain a visa. Rwanda adopted the electronic visa system in 2018, and as a result, you have the opportunity to apply for a Rwanda visa online. iVisa is here to help with the online application process. You will receive a visa that is valid for Single Entry, and you can stay in Rwanda for up to 30 days Per Entry. To learn more about the electronic visa for Rwanda, below, you will find the answers to the most commonly asked questions.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
Can Bruneian citizens apply for a Rwanda visa online?
Yes, the citizens of Brunei can apply online for a Rwanda visa. All eligible nationalities have this option.
What do I need to apply for a Rwanda visa online?
The first thing you have to do before you fill in the application form to get a Rwanda visa is to make sure that you fulfill all the requirements. Here is what you will need:
- Passport – the travel document needs to remain valid for at least another 6 months from the date of arrival in Rwanda. A blank page is also necessary.
- Photo – you must ensure that the picture is recent and taken on a white background.
- E-mail address – the Rwanda visa arrives via e-mail, which is why you need to provide a valid address to which you have access.
- Means of payment – iVisa accepts credit and debit cards, but you can use PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat as well.
How long does it take for my application to be processed?
The amount of time you have to wait for your application to be processed depends entirely on your choice. iVisa created three solutions so that you can pick the one that is most convenient for you. They are as follows:
- Standard processing – your Rwanda visa arrives in 7 Business Days.
- Rush processing – your application is processed within just 2 Business Days.
- Super Rush processing – your travel document is ready within just 1 Business Day.
How much does a Rwanda e-visa cost?
The cost of a Rwanda visa is determined by the processing timeframe you choose during the application process:
- Standard processing – USD 50.00
- Rush processing – USD 50.00
- Super Rush processing – USD 50.00
What is the Rwanda East Africa visa?
The Rwanda East Africa visa is the ideal document you can obtain if you plan to visit Rwanda, Kenya, and Uganda, all in a single trip. That way, you do not have to get three distinct travel documents. But keep in mind that you have to enter Rwanda first for this type of visa to be valid.
Does the Rwanda East Africa Visa have special requirements?
Yes, but you should have no issues in acquiring them. Apart from the documents and information you need for the Rwanda visa, you will also need the following:
- A travel itinerary
- Vaccination certificate for Yellow Fever
- Return flight ticket
- A contact in Uganda – this can be a person, a travel agency, an organization, etc.
What is the Rwanda East Africa Visa processing time and fees?
The rules that apply for the Rwanda visa also apply for the Rwanda East Africa visa. The cost for the latter is determined by the choice you make as far as the processing time is concerned. You have at hand the following options:
- Standard processing – it takes 6 Business Days for your application to be processed, and you must pay USD 100.00
- Rush processing – your visa arrives within 4 Business Days, and you are charged USD 100.00.
- Super Rush processing – your travel document is ready within 2 Business Days, and you spend USD 100.00 on it.
How long is the Rwanda East Africa Visa valid for?
The Rwanda East Africa visa is valid for 90 days after arrival. You are granted Multiple Entry, and you can stay at your destination for up to 90 days Per Entry.