When you decide to travel to Rwanda for tourism purposes, one of the first things you need to do is to take care of the visa. You will most likely need one. However, the good news is that Rwanda adopted the electronic visa system in 2018. Therefore, you can apply for a Rwanda visa online, and iVisa can help you. The document in question is valid for Single Entry, and it allows you to stay in Rwanda for no more than 30 days Per Entry. Below, you will find the information you need about this visa.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
Can Bulgarian citizens apply for a Rwanda visa online?
Yes, the citizens of Bulgaria are among the nationalities that can apply for a Rwanda visa online.
What do I need to apply for a Rwanda visa online?
For a successful application process, you will only need the following:
- Passport – the travel document needs to remain valid for at least another 6 months from the date of arrival in Rwanda. A blank page is also necessary.
- Photo – you must ensure that the picture is recent and taken on a white background.
- E-mail address – the Rwanda visa arrives via e-mail, which is why you need to provide a valid address to which you have access.
- Means of payment – iVisa accepts credit and debit cards, but you can use PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat as well.
How long does it take for my application to be processed?
It depends on which processing time option you select when you fill in the form. iVisa came up with three such options so that you can opt for the one that best suits your needs:
- Standard processing – your Rwanda visa arrives in 7 business days.
- Rush processing – your application is processed within just 2 business days.
- Super Rush processing – your travel document is ready within just 24 hours.
How much does a Rwanda e-visa cost?
The cost of a Rwanda visa depends on the processing time option you choose:
- Standard processing – USD 50.00
- Rush processing – USD 50.00
- Super Rush processing – USD 50.00
What is the Rwanda East Africa visa?
The Rwanda East Africa visa is a type of visa that grants you access in three countries: Rwanda, Kenya, and Uganda. That way, if you choose to visit all three of them, you do not need three distinct travel documents. Only the Rwanda East Africa visa. However, it is mandatory that you enter Rwanda first.
Does the Rwanda East Africa Visa have special requirements?
Yes, but that should not be an issue. You will need a few additional documents. They are as follows:
- A travel itinerary
- Vaccination certificate for Yellow Fever
- Return flight ticket
- A contact in Uganda – this can be a person, a travel agency, an organization, etc.
What is the Rwanda East Africa Visa processing time and fees?
The cost of Rwanda East Africa visa is influenced by the processing time option you choose for your application. They are as follows:
- Standard processing – it takes 6 business days for your application to be processed, and you must pay USD 100.00
- Rush processing – your visa arrives within 4 business days, and you are charged USD 100.00.
- Super Rush processing – your travel document is ready within 2 business days, and you spend USD 100.00 on it.
How long is the Rwanda East Africa Visa valid for?
As opposed to the Rwanda visa, the Rwanda East Africa visa is valid for 90 days after arrivall. It covers Multiple Entry, and your stay cannot exceed 90 days Per Entry.