Taking a trip to Rwanda means that you have to obtain a visa before departure. Lucky for you, with iVisa, you can apply online for your travel document. The Rwanda e-visa is valid for Single Entry, and it covers a stay of up to 30 days Per Entry. Read the answers to the most frequently asked questions below to find out more about the online application process.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
Can the citizens of Burkina Faso apply for a Rwanda visa online?
Of course. Except for the visa-exempt nationalities, everyone has access to a Rwanda visa online.
What do I need to apply for a Rwanda visa online?
You will be pleased to know that the list of requirements for a Rwanda e-visa is not extensive. You will need the following:
- Passport – all applicants must be passport holders. Plus, the travel document needs to remain valid for at least another 6 months from the date of arrival in Rwanda. A blank page is also necessary.
- Photo – you must ensure that the picture is taken as recently as possible. The background needs to be white.
- E-mail address – the Rwanda visa arrives via e-mail, which is why you need to provide iVisa with a valid address to which you have access.
- Means of payment – an online application process requires a method of payment that allows you to pay online. iVisa accepts credit and debit cards, but you can use PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat as well.
How long does it take for my application to be processed?
iVisa gives you multiple options when it comes to choosing a processing timeframe for your application. That way, you can select the one that is most convenient for you.
- Standard processing – your Rwanda visa arrives in 7 days.
- Rush processing – your application is processed within just 48 hours.
- Super Rush processing – your travel document is ready within just 24 hours.
How much does a Rwanda e-visa cost?
The cost of a Rwanda visa depends on how soon you need it. It is established by the processing time option you select during the application process. As a result, the fees are as follows:
- Standard processing – USD 30.00
- Rush processing – USD 30.00
- Super Rush processing – USD 30.00
What is the Rwanda East Africa visa?
If you are planning to visit Rwanda, but Kenya and Uganda as well, all on the same trip, the Rwanda East Africa visa will grant you entry in all three. Just remember that you must first visit Rwanda, and then the other two.
Does the Rwanda East Africa Visa have special requirements?
To apply for a Rwanda East Africa visa, you will need the following extra documents:
- A travel itinerary
- Vaccination certificate for Yellow Fever
- Return flight ticket
- A contact in Uganda – this can be a person, a travel agency, an organization, etc.
What is the Rwanda East Africa Visa processing time and fees?
Again, the fee of your Rwanda East Africa visa depends on the processing time option you choose for your application. Here are your options:
- Standard processing – it takes 6 days for your application to be processed, and you must pay USD 100.00
- Rush processing – your visa arrives within 4 days, and you are charged USD 100.00.
- Super Rush processing – your travel document is ready within 48 hours, and you spend USD 100.00 on it.
How long is the Rwanda East Africa Visa valid for?
Unlike the Rwanda visa, the Rwanda East Africa visa is valid for 90 days after arrival, it grants Multiple Entry, and your stay cannot exceed 90 days Per Entry.