Before you leave for Rwanda, you need to obtain a visa. That should not be difficult because Rwanda adopted the electronic visa system in 2018. Therefore, you are given the possibility to apply online for a Rwanda visa. iVisa can help with the online application process. To learn more about this, below, you will find the answers to the most frequently asked questions about the Rwanda e-visa.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
Can Cambodian citizens apply for a Rwanda visa online?
Yes, the citizens of Cambodia can apply online for a Rwanda visa, just like all other eligible nationalities.
What do I need to apply for a Rwanda visa online?
Not much. Here is what you need for a successful application process:
- Passport – make sure that the document is valid for another 6 months from the date of arrival in Rwanda and has at least one blank page.
- Photo – the picture must be recent and taken on a white background.
- E-mail address – this requirement is necessary because the Rwanda visa arrives via e-mail in PDF format.
- Means of payment – iVisa takes credit and debit cards. You can also use PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat.
How long does it take for my application to be processed?
The answer to this question depends on you. iVisa created three processing time options so that you can choose the one that is best for you. They are as follows:
- Standard processing – your application is processed within 7 days.
- Rush processing – the Rwanda visa is ready within just 48 hours.
- Super Rush processing – you receive your e-visa within just 24 hours.
How much does a Rwanda e-visa cost?
The price is determined by the processing time you choose for your application. Therefore:
- Standard – USD 30.00
- Rush – USD 30.00
- Super Rush – USD 30.00
For how long is the Rwanda visa valid for?
The Rwanda visa is valid for Single Entry.
How much time can I spend in Rwanda on a Rwanda e-visa?
The Rwanda visa ensures a duration of stay of maximum 30 days Per Entry.
What is the Rwanda East Africa visa?
The Rwanda East Africa visa is the perfect travel document if you plan to visit Rwanda, Kenya, and Uganda in a single trip. So, instead of obtaining three visas, you only apply for the Rwanda East Africa visa. However, bear in mind that you have to enter Rwanda first for this scheme to work.
Does the Rwanda East Africa Visa have special requirements?
Yes, but only a few. Apart from the requirements for a Rwanda visa, the Rwanda East Africa visa also requires the following:
- A travel itinerary
- Vaccination certificate for Yellow Fever
- Return flight ticket
- A contact in Uganda – this can be a person, a travel agency, an organization, etc.
What is the Rwanda East Africa Visa processing time and fees?
Just like with the Rwanda visa, the fee for a Rwanda East Africa visa depends on the processing time option you select for your application. As a result:
- Standard processing – your application is processed within 6 days, and you are charged USD 100.00
- Rush processing – your Rwanda visa is ready within 4 days, and the fee is USD 100.00.
- Super Rush processing – it takes 48 hours for you to receive your e-visa, and you must pay USD 100.00.
How long is the Rwanda East Africa Visa valid for?
The Rwanda East Africa visa is valid for 90 days after arrival.
What about the number of entries and duration of stay?
The Rwanda East Africa visa covers Multiple Entry, and you can stay at each destination for no more than 90 days Per Entry.