Before you start planning your vacation in Rwanda, keep in mind that you most likely need a visa. However, since the electronic visa system is available for Rwanda since 2018, you are given the opportunity to apply for a Rwanda visa online. iVisa can help you with the online application process. Below, you will find valuable information about the e-visa.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
Can the citizens of Cameroon apply for a Rwanda visa online?
Yes, as a Cameroonian citizen, you can apply online for a Rwanda visa. All eligible nationalities are given that possibility.
What do I need to apply for a Rwanda visa online?
The list of requirements is quite short. You only need the following:
- Passport – make sure that the document is valid for another 6 months from the date of arrival in Rwanda and has at least one blank page.
- Photo – the picture must be recent and taken on a white background.
- E-mail address – this requirement is necessary because the Rwanda visa arrives via e-mail in PDF format.
- Means of payment – iVisa takes credit and debit cards. You can also use PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat.
How long does it take for my application to be processed?
Your application is processed within the amount of time you select when you fill in the form. Here are your options:
- Standard processing – your application is processed within 7 Business Days.
- Rush processing – the [Rwanda visa] is ready within just 2 Business Days.
- Super Rush processing – you receive your e-visa within just 1 Business Day.
How much does a Rwanda e-visa cost?
The price of a Rwanda visa depends on the processing time option you select during the application process. The fees are as follows:
- Standard – USD 50.00
- Rush – USD 50.00
- Super Rush – USD 50.00
For how long is the Rwanda visa valid for?
The Rwanda visa is valid for Single Entry.
How much time can I spend in Rwanda on a Rwanda e-visa?
You are allowed to stay in Rwanda for no more than 30 days Per Entry.
What is the Rwanda East Africa visa?
The Rwanda East Africa visa is a document that allows you to enter Rwanda, Kenya, and Uganda. It is the ideal solution if you decide to visit all three countries in a single trip. That way, you do not need three different visas. However, Rwanda must be the first one to visit if you wish this type of visa to be valid.
Does the Rwanda East Africa Visa have special requirements?
Yes, but not many. Apart from the requirements listed for the Rwanda visa, you will also need the following:
- A travel itinerary
- Vaccination certificate for Yellow Fever
- Return flight ticket
- A contact in Uganda – this can be a person, a travel agency, an organization, etc.
What is the Rwanda East Africa Visa processing time and fees?
Just like with the Rwanda visa, the cost of a Rwanda East Africa visa is determined by the processing timeframe you select for your application. Your options are as follows:
- Standard processing – your application is processed within 6 Business Days, and you are charged USD 100.00
- Rush processing – your Rwanda visa is ready within 4 Business Days, and the fee is USD 100.00.
- Super Rush processing – it takes 2 Business Days for you to receive your e-visa, and you must pay USD 100.00.
How long is the Rwanda East Africa Visa valid for?
The Rwanda East Africa visa is valid for 90 days after arrival.
What about the number of entries and duration of stay?
The Rwanda East Africa visa ensures Multiple Entry, and the duration of stay cannot exceed 90 days Per Entry.