If you decide to travel to Rwanda for tourism purposes, know that you must obtain a visa before departure. But since Rwanda adopted the electronic visa system in 2018, you can apply for a Rwanda visa online. iVisa can help you with that. Read the information below to learn more about the online application process and the Rwanda e-visa.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
Can Canadian citizens apply for a Rwanda visa online?
Yes, the citizens of Canada can apply for a Rwanda visa online just like all eligible nationalities.
What do I need to apply for a Rwanda visa online?
You will be pleased to learn that the list if requirements is short and contains items that are almost effortless to acquire. You will need the following:
- Passport – make sure that the document is valid for another 6 months from the date of arrival in Rwanda and has at least one blank page.
- Photo – the picture must be recent and taken on a white background.
- E-mail address – this requirement is necessary because the Rwanda visa arrives via e-mail in PDF format.
- Means of payment – iVisa takes credit and debit cards. You can also use PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat.
How long does it take for my application to be processed?
The timeframe in which your Rwanda visa arrives depends on which processing time option you select. You are given the following choices:
- Standard processing – your application is processed within 7 days.
- Rush processing – the Rwanda visa is ready within just 48 hours.
- Super Rush processing – you receive your e-visa within just 24 hours.
How much does a Rwanda e-visa cost?
How much you spend on a Rwanda visa is depends on the processing time you select for your application. As a result:
- Standard – USD 30.00
- Rush – USD 30.00
- Super Rush – USD 30.00
For how long is the Rwanda visa valid for?
The Rwanda visa is valid for Single Entry.
How much time can I spend in Rwanda on a Rwanda e-visa?
The Rwanda visa allows you to stay in the country for no more than 30 days Per Entry.
What is the Rwanda East Africa visa?
The Rwanda East Africa visa is a document that you can apply for if you decide that you want to visit Rwanda, as well as Kenya and Uganda in the same trip. So, instead of obtaining three travel documents, you only need one. The Rwanda East Africa visa. However, know that you must enter Rwanda first for this type of visa to be valid.
Does the Rwanda East Africa Visa have special requirements?
Yes, but nothing out of the ordinary. Together with the requirements for the Rwanda visa, you will also need the following:
- A travel itinerary
- Vaccination certificate for Yellow Fever
- Return flight ticket
- A contact in Uganda – this can be a person, a travel agency, an organization, etc.
What is the Rwanda East Africa Visa processing time and fees?
Same as with the Rwanda visa, the price of a Rwanda East Africa visa is determined by the timeframe in which you need your travel document. You can opt for one of the following:
- Standard processing – your application is processed within 6 days, and you are charged USD 100.00
- Rush processing – your Rwanda visa is ready within 4 days, and the fee is USD 100.00.
- Super Rush processing – it takes 48 hours for you to receive your e-visa, and you must pay USD 100.00.
How long is the Rwanda East Africa Visa valid for?
The Rwanda East Africa visa is valid for 90 days after arrival.
What about the number of entries and duration of stay?
With the Rwanda East Africa visa, you have Multiple Entry, and you can stay at each destination for no more than 90 days Per Entry.