A trip to Rwanda for tourism purposes requires you to obtain a visa in advance. Fortunately, you are given the possibility to apply online for a Rwanda visa, and iVisa can help with the online application process. Read the information below to learn more about the Rwanda e-visa and the online application process.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
Can the citizens of Cape Verde apply for a Rwanda visa online?
Yes, as a Cabo Verdean, you are given the option to apply for a Rwanda visa online. You can apply at the nearest Rwanda embassy as well, but the online application process is far more convenient.
What do I need to apply for a Rwanda visa online?
You will only need the following:
- Passport – make sure that the document is valid for another 6 months from the date of arrival in Rwanda and has at least one blank page.
- Photo – the picture must be recent and taken on a white background.
- E-mail address – this requirement is necessary because the Rwanda visa arrives via e-mail in PDF format.
- Means of payment – iVisa takes credit and debit cards. You can also use PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat.
How long does it take for my application to be processed?
It depends on which processing time option you select during the application process. iVisa gives you three choices so that you can pick the one that best works for you. They are as follows:
- Standard processing – your application is processed within 7 days.
- Rush processing – the Rwanda visa is ready within just 48 hours.
- Super Rush processing – you receive your e-visa within just 24 hours.
How much does a Rwanda e-visa cost?
The cost of a Rwanda visa is directly related to the processing time option you select for your application. Here are the fees:
- Standard – USD 30.00
- Rush – USD 30.00
- Super Rush – USD 30.00
For how long is the Rwanda visa valid for?
The Rwanda visa is valid for Single Entry.
How much time can I spend in Rwanda on a Rwanda e-visa?
You can stay in Rwanda for no more than 30 days Per Entry.
What is the Rwanda East Africa visa?
The Rwanda East Africa visa is a document you can apply for in case you want to visit Rwanda, Kenya, and Uganda in a single trip. Consequently, instead of getting three distinct visas, you only need the Rwanda East Africa visa. However, for this travel document to be valid, you must enter Rwanda first.
Does the Rwanda East Africa Visa have special requirements?
Yes, but not many. Apart from the requirements for a Rwanda visa, you will also need the following documents:
- A travel itinerary
- Vaccination certificate for Yellow Fever
- Return flight ticket
- A contact in Uganda – this can be a person, a travel agency, an organization, etc.
What is the Rwanda East Africa Visa processing time and fees?
It is the same as with the Rwanda visa. The cost of a Rwanda East Africa visa is influenced by the processing time you select for your application. Your options are as follows:
- Standard processing – your application is processed within 6 days, and you are charged USD 100.00
- Rush processing – your Rwanda visa is ready within 4 days, and the fee is USD 100.00.
- Super Rush processing – it takes 48 hours for you to receive your e-visa, and you must pay USD 100.00.
How long is the Rwanda East Africa Visa valid for?
The Rwanda East Africa visa is valid for 90 days after arrival.
What about the number of entries and duration of stay?
You are granted Multiple Entry, and you can stay at your destination for no more than 90 days Per Entry.