Traveling to Rwanda for tourism purposes means that you must apply for a visa before departure. Fortunately, an electronic visa for Rwanda is available, meaning that you can obtain an e-visa online. iVisa can help with the application process so that you can get the travel document you need as fast as possible. Below, you will find the answers to the most commonly asked questions. That way, you can learn more about the Rwanda e-visa.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
Can the citizens of Chile apply for a Rwanda visa online?
Yes, as a Chilean citizen, you can avoid a trip to an embassy because you can apply for a Rwanda visa online.
What do I need to apply for a Rwanda visa online?
Here is a list of everything necessary for a successful application process:
- Passport – make sure that the document is valid for another 6 months from the date of arrival in Rwanda and has at least one blank page.
- Photo – the picture must be recent and taken on a white background.
- E-mail address – this requirement is necessary because the Rwanda visa arrives via e-mail in PDF format.
- Means of payment – iVisa takes credit and debit cards. You can also use PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat.
How long does it take for my application to be processed?
Your application will be processed in the timeframe of your choosing. iVisa understands that people have different needs, which is why it created three solutions. Here are your options:
- Standard processing – your application is processed within 7 Business Days.
- Rush processing – the Rwanda visa is ready within just 2 Business Days.
- Super Rush processing – you receive your e-visa within just 1 Business Day.
How much does a Rwanda e-visa cost?
The cost of your Rwanda visa depends on the processing timeframe you select for your application. In consequence, the fees are as follows:
- Standard – USD 50.00
- Rush – USD 50.00
- Super Rush – USD 50.00
For how long is the Rwanda visa valid for?
The Rwanda visa is valid for Single Entry.
How much time can I spend in Rwanda on a Rwanda e-visa?
With a Rwanda e-visa, you are allowed to stay in Rwanda for a period that cannot exceed 30 days Per Entry.
What is the Rwanda East Africa visa?
In case you decide to travel to Rwanda, but to Kenya and Uganda as well, all in one trip, you are given the option to apply for a Rwanda East Africa visa. The document at hand will grant you access to all three countries. That way, you do not have to obtain three separate visas. However, remember that for this type of visa to work, you have to enter Rwanda first.
Does the Rwanda East Africa Visa have special requirements?
Yes, but only a few. Apart from the items you need for the Rwanda visa, you also need the following documents:
- A travel itinerary
- Vaccination certificate for Yellow Fever
- Return flight ticket
- A contact in Uganda – this can be a person, a travel agency, an organization, etc.
What are the Rwanda East Africa Visa processing time and fees?
Same as with the Rwanda visa, the fee for a Rwanda East Africa visa is determined by the processing timeframe you select for your application. iVisa provides you with three options:
- Standard processing – your application is processed within 6 Business Days, and you are charged USD 100.00
- Rush processing – your Rwanda visa is ready within 4 Business Days, and the fee is USD 100.00.
- Super Rush processing – it takes 2 Business Days for you to receive your e-visa, and you must pay USD 100.00.
How long is the Rwanda East Africa Visa valid for?
The Rwanda East Africa visa is valid for 90 days after arrival.
What about the number of entries and duration of stay?
A Rwanda East Africa visa will grant you Multiple Entry, and your stay cannot exceed 90 days Per Entry.