When you decide to travel to Rwanda for tourism purposes, you need to remember that you most likely require a visa. Luckily, Rwanda adopted the electronic visa system in 2018, and as a result, you can apply online for a Rwanda visa. iVisa facilitates the application process. Below, you will find valuable information on the application process, as well as on the Rwanda e-visa itself.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
Can Chinese citizens apply for a Rwanda visa online?
Yes, the citizens of China are given the opportunity to apply online for a Rwanda visa.
What do I need to apply for a Rwanda visa online?
Not much. The list of requirements is short, and the items on it are easy to acquire. Here is what you need:
- Passport – make sure that the document is valid for another 6 months from the date of arrival in Rwanda and has at least one blank page.
- Photo – the picture must be recent and taken on a white background.
- E-mail address – this requirement is necessary because the Rwanda visa arrives via e-mail in PDF format.
- Means of payment – iVisa takes credit and debit cards. You can also use PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat.
How long does it take for my application to be processed?
It depends on you. How? iVisa gives you three options as far as the processing timeframe is concerned, and you need to choose the one that is best for you. They are as follows:
- Standard processing – your application is processed within 7 Business Days.
- Rush processing – the [Rwanda visa] is ready within just 2 Business Days.
- Super Rush processing – you receive your e-visa within just 1 Business Day.
How much does a Rwanda e-visa cost?
The cost of a Rwanda visa is strictly related to the processing time option you choose for your application. Here are the fees for each option:
- Standard – USD 50.00
- Rush – USD 50.00
- Super Rush – USD 50.00
For how long is the Rwanda visa valid for?
The Rwanda visa is valid for Single Entry.
How much time can I spend in Rwanda on a Rwanda e-visa?
The Rwanda e-visa grants a stay of up to 30 days Per Entry.
What is the Rwanda East Africa visa?
The Rwanda East Africa visa grants entry in three countries: Rwanda, Kenya, and Uganda. It is the ideal solution if you plan to visit all three states in one trip. However, for this visa to work, you must enter Rwanda first.
Does the Rwanda East Africa Visa have special requirements?
Yes, but only a few. Here are the additional documents you need for a Rwanda East Africa visa:
- A travel itinerary
- Vaccination certificate for Yellow Fever
- Return flight ticket
- A contact in Uganda – this can be a person, a travel agency, an organization, etc.
What is the Rwanda East Africa Visa processing time and fees?
Same as with the Rwanda visa, the price of a Rwanda East Africa visa depends on the processing timeframe you pick for your application. Your options are as follows:
- Standard processing – your application is processed within 6 Business Days, and you are charged USD 100.00
- Rush processing – your Rwanda visa is ready within 4 Business Days, and the fee is USD 100.00.
- Super Rush processing – it takes 2 Business Days for you to receive your e-visa, and you must pay USD 100.00.
How long is the Rwanda East Africa Visa valid for?
The Rwanda East Africa visa is valid for 90 days after arrival.
What about the number of entries and duration of stay?
With a Rwanda East Africa visa, you enjoy Multiple Entry, and your stay per entry cannot exceed 90 days Per Entry.