Before you start planning a trip to Rwanda for tourism purposes, keep in mind that chances are you are going to need a visa in advance. Lucky for you, an electronic visa is available, which means that you can apply for a Rwanda visa online. iVisa facilitates the application process so that you can acquire the travel document you need in as little time as possible. Read the answers to the most frequently asked questions below to learn more.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
Can Colombian citizens apply for a Rwanda visa online?
Yes. All nationalities that need a visa can apply online for a Rwanda visa and the citizens of Colombia make no exception.
What do I need to apply for a Rwanda visa online?
You will be pleased to learn that you do not need much for a successful online application process. Only the following:
- Passport – make sure that the document is valid for another 6 months from the date of arrival in Rwanda and has at least one blank page.
- Photo – the picture must be recent and taken on a white background.
- E-mail address – this requirement is necessary because the Rwanda visa arrives via e-mail in PDF format.
- Means of payment – iVisa takes credit and debit cards. You can also use PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat.
How long does it take for my application to be processed?
You get to choose that. iVisa gives you three options when it comes to processing time so that you can select the one that best for you. They are as follows:
- Standard processing – your application is processed within 7 business days.
- Rush processing – the Rwanda visa is ready within just 2 business days.
- Super Rush processing – you receive your e-visa within just 24 hours.
How much does a Rwanda e-visa cost?
The price of a Rwanda e-visa is determined by the processing time you select for your application. Here are the fees for each option:
- Standard – USD 30.00
- Rush – USD 30.00
- Super Rush – USD 30.00
For how long is the Rwanda visa valid for?
The Rwanda visa is valid for Single Entry.
How much time can I spend in Rwanda on a Rwanda e-visa?
With the Rwanda visa, you can stay in the country for no more than 30 days Per Entry.
What is the Rwanda East Africa visa?
The Rwanda East Africa visa is a document that iVisa can help you get as well. It is ideal if you wish to visit Rwanda, Kenya, and Uganda in one trip. The document grants you entry in all three countries. But you need to enter Rwanda first if you wish this type of visa to be valid.
Does the Rwanda East Africa Visa have special requirements?
Yes, but you should not find the additional documents challenging to acquire. Here is what you need apart from the requirements for the Rwanda visa:
- A travel itinerary
- Vaccination certificate for Yellow Fever
- Return flight ticket
- A contact in Uganda – this can be a person, a travel agency, an organization, etc.
What is the Rwanda East Africa Visa processing time and fees?
The price of a Rwanda East Africa visa is established, again, by the processing timeframe you choose for your application. In consequence:
- Standard processing – your application is processed within 6 business days, and you are charged USD 100.00
- Rush processing – your Rwanda visa is ready within 4 business days, and the fee is USD 100.00.
- Super Rush processing – it takes 2 business days for you to receive your e-visa, and you must pay USD 100.00.
How long is the Rwanda East Africa Visa valid for?
The Rwanda East Africa visa has a validity period of 90 days after arrival.
What about the number of entries and duration of stay?
You cannot stay more than 90 days Per Entry, and you are granted Multiple Entry.