When you decide to travel to Rwanda to spend your vacation, you need to take into consideration that you are required to obtain a visa in advance. Fortunately, you are given the possibility to apply online for a Rwanda visa, and iVisa can facilitate the process. To learn more about the Rwanda e-visa, read the answers to the most frequently asked questions below.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
Can the citizens of Comoros apply for a Rwanda visa online?
Yes, as a Comorian citizen, you can apply online for a Rwanda visa.
What do I need to apply for a Rwanda visa online?
The list of requirements for you must meet for a Rwanda visa is short, and the things on it are easy to obtain. You will need the following:
- Passport – make sure that the document is valid for another 6 months from the date of arrival in Rwanda and has at least one blank page.
- Photo – the picture must be recent and taken on a white background.
- E-mail address – this requirement is necessary because the Rwanda visa arrives via e-mail in PDF format.
- Means of payment – iVisa takes credit and debit cards. You can also use PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat.
How long does it take for my application to be processed?
That is entirely up to you. That is because iVisa gives you three options when it comes to processing time. That way, you can pick the one that best suits your needs. Here is what you can opt for:
- Standard processing – your application is processed within 7 business days.
- Rush processing – the [Rwanda visa] is ready within just 2 business days.
- Super Rush processing – you receive your e-visa within just 24 hours.
How much does a Rwanda e-visa cost?
The cost of a Rwanda e-visa is influenced by the timeframe in which you want your application to be processed. The fees are as follows:
- Standard – USD 30.00
- Rush – USD 30.00
- Super Rush – USD 30.00
For how long is the Rwanda visa valid for?
The Rwanda visa is valid for Single Entry.
How much time can I spend in Rwanda on a Rwanda e-visa?
A [Rwanda e-visa] ensures a stay of maximum 90 days Per Entry.
What is the Rwanda East Africa visa?
If you decide that you wish to visit Rwanda, but Kenya and Uganda as well, all in one trip, you can apply for a Rwanda East Africa visa. This grants you access to all three countries. Just keep in mind that you have to visit Rwanda first for this type of travel document to work.
Does the Rwanda East Africa Visa have special requirements?
Yes, you will need a few additional documents, along with the requirements for the Rwanda visa:
- A travel itinerary
- Vaccination certificate for Yellow Fever
- Return flight ticket
- A contact in Uganda – this can be a person, a travel agency, an organization, etc.
What are the Rwanda East Africa Visa processing time and fees?
Same as with the Rwanda visa, the amount you will be charged for a Rwanda East Africa visa depends on the processing time you choose for your application. Here are your options:
- Standard processing – your application is processed within 6 business days, and you are charged USD 100.00
- Rush processing – your Rwanda visa is ready within 4 business days, and the fee is USD 100.00.
- Super Rush processing – it takes 2 business days for you to receive your e-visa, and you must pay USD 100.00.
How long is the Rwanda East Africa Visa valid for?
The Rwanda East Africa visa has a validity period of 90 days after arrival.
What about the number of entries and duration of stay?
With a Rwanda East Africa visa, you enjoy Multiple Entry, and your stay per entry is up to 90 days Per Entry.