When you plan to travel to Rwanda for tourism purposes, one of your concerns should be regarding the visa. After all, you will most likely need one in advance. However, since Rwanda adopted the electronic visa system in 2018, you can apply for a Rwanda visa online. With iVisa, you will enjoy a smooth and fast application process. To learn more about the e-visa, read the answers to the most frequently asked questions below.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
Can Congolese citizens apply for a Rwanda visa online?
Yes, as a citizen of Congo, you can apply for a Rwanda visa online.
What do I need to apply for a Rwanda visa online?
Before you start the online application process to obtain a Rwanda visa, make sure that you have at hand the following:
- Passport – make sure that the document is valid for another 6 months from the date of arrival in Rwanda and has at least one blank page.
- Photo – the picture must be recent and taken on a white background.
- E-mail address – this requirement is necessary because the Rwanda visa arrives via e-mail in PDF format.
- Means of payment – iVisa takes credit and debit cards. You can also use PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat.
How long does it take for my application to be processed?
It is up to you. How is that possible? iVisa gives you three options when it comes to processing time so that you can choose the one that is most convenient for you. They are as follows:
- Standard processing – your application is processed within 7 business days.
- Rush processing – the [Rwanda visa] is ready within just 2 business days.
- Super Rush processing – you receive your e-visa within just 24 hours.
How much does a Rwanda e-visa cost?
The fee you must pay for a Rwanda visa is determined by the processing time option you select during the application process. Here are the costs for each option:
- Standard – USD 50.00
- Rush – USD 50.00
- Super Rush – USD 50.00
For how long is the Rwanda visa valid for?
The Rwanda visa is valid for Single Entry.
How much time can I spend in Rwanda on a Rwanda e-visa?
When you have a Rwanda e-visa, you can stay in Rwanda for up to 30 days Per Entry.
What is the Rwanda East Africa visa?
The Rwanda East Africa visa is the document you need if you decide to visit Rwanda, but Kenya and Uganda as well, all in a single trip. That way, you do not have to apply for three distinct visas. However, keep in mind that for this type of visa to work, you must enter Rwanda first.
Does the Rwanda East Africa Visa have special requirements?
Yes, but not many. Apart from the requirements you need to meet for the Rwanda visa, you will also need the following documents:
- A travel itinerary
- Vaccination certificate for Yellow Fever
- Return flight ticket
- A contact in Uganda – this can be a person, a travel agency, an organization, etc.
What is the Rwanda East Africa Visa processing time and fees?
Just like with the Rwanda visa, the fees for a Rwanda East Africa visa are directly related to the timeframe in which your application is processed. Again, iVisa gives you three options:
- Standard processing – your application is processed within 6 business days, and you are charged USD 100.00
- Rush processing – your Rwanda visa is ready within 4 business days, and the fee is USD 100.00.
- Super Rush processing – it takes 2 business days for you to receive your e-visa, and you must pay USD 100.00.
How long is the Rwanda East Africa Visa valid for?
The Rwanda East Africa visa is valid for 90 days after arrival.
What about the number of entries and duration of stay?
With a [Rwanda East Africa visa], you enjoy Multiple Entry, and your stay can be of up to 90 days Per Entry.