Are you planning to spend your vacation in Rwanda? Then you should know that you need a visa in advance. However, you will be happy to learn that Rwanda adopted the electronic visa system in 2028. Consequently, you can apply for a Rwanda visa online. iVisa can help with the process. Below, you will find the answers to the most commonly asked questions so that you can learn more about the Rwanda e-visa.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
Can the citizens of Costa Rica apply for a Rwanda visa online?
Yes, the Costa Rican nationals can apply online for a Rwanda visa.
What do I need to apply for a Rwanda visa online?
The requirements for a Rwanda visa are easy to meet. You will only need the following:
- Passport – make sure that the document is valid for another 6 months from the date of arrival in Rwanda and has at least one blank page.
- Photo – the picture must be recent and taken on a white background.
- E-mail address – this requirement is necessary because the Rwanda visa arrives via e-mail in PDF format.
- Means of payment – iVisa takes credit and debit cards. You can also use PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat.
How long does it take for my application to be processed?
It depends on which processing time option you choose. iVisa gives you three choices so that you can pick the one that is best for you. They are as follows:
- Standard processing – your application is processed within 7 business days.
- Rush processing – the [Rwanda visa] is ready within just 2 business days.
- Super Rush processing – you receive your e-visa within just 24 hours.
How much does a Rwanda e-visa cost?
The cost of a Rwanda visa is determined by the processing time option you select for your application. The fees for each option are as follows:
- Standard – USD 30.00
- Rush – USD 30.00
- Super Rush – USD 30.00
For how long is the Rwanda visa valid for?
The Rwanda visa is valid for Single Entry.
How much time can I spend in Rwanda on a Rwanda e-visa?
When you hold a Rwanda e-visa, you cannot stay in Rwanda for more than 30 days Per Entry.
What is the Rwanda East Africa visa?
Are you planning to visit Rwanda, but Kenya and Uganda, all in one trip? Then the Rwanda East Africa visa is what you need. It will grant you entry in all three countries. However, remember that you must enter Rwanda first for this scheme to work.
Does the Rwanda East Africa Visa have special requirements?
Yes, but just a few, and they are just as easy to acquire. Apart from the requirements you must fulfill for the Rwanda visa, you will also need the following:
- A travel itinerary
- Vaccination certificate for Yellow Fever
- Return flight ticket
- A contact in Uganda – this can be a person, a travel agency, an organization, etc.
What are the Rwanda East Africa Visa processing time and fees?
Again, iVisa will give you three processing time option, and the one you choose will determine the cost of your Rwanda East Africa visa. You can opt for one of the following:
- Standard processing – your application is processed within 6 business days, and you are charged USD 100.00
- Rush processing – your Rwanda visa is ready within 4 business days, and the fee is USD 100.00.
- Super Rush processing – it takes 2 business days for you to receive your e-visa, and you must pay USD 100.00.
How long is the Rwanda East Africa Visa valid for?
The Rwanda East Africa visa is valid for 90 days after arrival.
What about the number of entries and duration of stay?
With a Rwanda East Africa visa, you have Multiple Entry, and each visit cannot exceed 90 days Per Entry.