A trip to Rwanda for tourism purposes means that you must get a visa in advance. However, electronic visas for Rwanda are available, which means that you can apply for a Rwanda visa online. iVisa ensures a fast and straightforward application process. To learn more details about the Rwanda e-visa, you can read the information provided for the most frequently asked questions below.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
Can the citizens of Cyprus apply for a Rwanda visa online?
Yes, same as all the other nationalities that require a visa, Cypriot nationals can apply for a Rwanda e-visa.
What do I need to apply for a Rwanda visa online?
You will be pleased to learn that the Rwanda visa does not require much of you. Only the following are necessary:
- Passport – make sure that the document is valid for another 6 months from the date of arrival in Rwanda and has at least one blank page.
- Photo – the picture must be recent and taken on a white background.
- E-mail address – this requirement is necessary because the Rwanda visa arrives via e-mail in PDF format.
- Means of payment – iVisa takes credit and debit cards. You can also use PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat.
How long does it take for my application to be processed?
You get to choose the timeframe in which your application is processed. iVisa puts at your disposal three options so that you can go with the one that is best for you. Here they are:
- Standard processing – your application is processed within 7 business days.
- Rush processing – the Rwanda visa is ready within just 2 business days.
- Super Rush processing – you receive your e-visa within just 24 hours.
How much does a Rwanda e-visa cost?
The cost of a Rwanda visa is determined by the processing time option you select for your application. So, the fees are as follows:
- Standard – USD 30.00
- Rush – USD 30.00
- Super Rush – USD 30.00
For how long is the Rwanda visa valid for?
The Rwanda visa is valid for Single Entry.
How much time can I spend in Rwanda on a Rwanda e-visa?
A Rwanda e-visa allows a stay of maximum 30 days Per Entry.
What is the Rwanda East Africa visa?
A Rwanda East Africa visa for the citizens of Cyprus is also available. The document in question grants you entry in Rwanda, but in Kenya and Uganda as well. That is if you decide to visit all three countries in one trip. However, bear in mind that this type of document is only valid if you enter Rwanda first.
Does the Rwanda East Africa Visa have special requirements?
Yes, but only a few. You need the documents and the information necessary for the Rwanda visa, but you also need the following:
- A travel itinerary
- Vaccination certificate for Yellow Fever
- Return flight ticket
- A contact in Uganda – this can be a person, a travel agency, an organization, etc.
What is the Rwanda East Africa Visa processing time and fees?
Again, the cost of your Rwanda East Africa visa is established by the processing time you choose for your application. Here are your options:
- Standard processing – your application is processed within 6 business days, and you are charged USD 100.00
- Rush processing – your Rwanda visa is ready within 4 business days, and the fee is USD 100.00.
- Super Rush processing – it takes 2 business days for you to receive your e-visa, and you must pay USD 100.00.
How long is the Rwanda East Africa Visa valid for?
The Rwanda East Africa visa is valid for 90 days after arrival.
What about the number of entries and duration of stay?
The Rwanda East Africa visa grants you Multiple Entry, and your stay cannot exceed 90 days Per Entry.