Almost all nationalities must obtain a visa before traveling to Rwanda for tourism purposes, and chances so do you. However, you will be pleased to learn that Rwanda adopted the electronic visa system, meaning that you can apply for a Rwanda visa online. With iVisa, you can enjoy a fast and simple application process. Below, you will find more information about the Rwanda e-visa through the answers for the most commonly asked questions.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
Can the citizens of Denmark apply for a Rwanda visa online?
Yes, all nationalities that are required to get a visa for Rwanda can apply online for one, and Danish citizens make no exception.
What do I need to apply for a Rwanda visa online?
You do not need much. In fact, here is what you must have at hand for a successful application process:
- Passport – make sure that the document is valid for another 6 months from the date of arrival in Rwanda and has at least one blank page.
- Photo – the picture must be recent and taken on a white background.
- E-mail address – this requirement is necessary because the Rwanda visa arrives via e-mail in PDF format.
- Means of payment – iVisa takes credit and debit cards. You can also use PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat.
How long does it take for my application to be processed?
It is entirely up to you. iVisa gives you three choices when it comes to processing time so that you can select the one that you think is best for you. They are as follows:
- Standard processing – your application is processed within 7 Business Days.
- Rush processing – the Rwanda visa is ready within just 2 Business Days.
- Super Rush processing – you receive your e-visa within just 1 Business Day.
How much does a Rwanda e-visa cost?
The amount of money you will spend on your Rwanda visa depends on which processing timeframe you select for your application. The cost of each option is as follows:
- Standard – USD 50.00
- Rush – USD 50.00
- Super Rush – USD 50.00
For how long is the Rwanda visa valid for?
The Rwanda visa is valid for Single Entry.
How much time can I spend in Rwanda on a Rwanda e-visa?
The Rwanda visa covers a stay of up to 30 days Per Entry in Rwanda.
What is the Rwanda East Africa visa?
If you decide to visit Rwanda, Uganda, and Kenya, all in one trip, you should know that a Rwanda East Africa visa is available for the citizens of Denmark as well. It will spare you the effort of obtaining three different visas. However, you need to know that for this type of visa to be valid, you need to enter Rwanda first.
Does the Rwanda East Africa Visa have special requirements?
Yes, but you should not go through too much trouble to acquire them. Apart from the items you need for a Rwanda visa, the following are necessary as well.
- A travel itinerary
- Vaccination certificate for Yellow Fever
- Return flight ticket
- A contact in Uganda – this can be a person, a travel agency, an organization, etc.
What are the Rwanda East Africa Visa processing time and fees?
Just like with the Rwanda visa, the cost of a Rwanda East Africa visa depends entirely on which processing timeframe you select for your application. Again, iVisa gives you three options:
- Standard processing – your application is processed within 6 Business Days, and you are charged USD 100.00
- Rush processing – your Rwanda visa is ready within 4 Business Days, and the fee is USD 100.00.
- Super Rush processing – it takes 2 Business Days for you to receive your e-visa, and you must pay USD 100.00.
How long is the Rwanda East Africa Visa valid for?
The Rwanda East Africa visa is valid for 90 days after arrival.
What about the number of entries and duration of stay?
With a Rwanda East Africa visa, you can stay at your destination for no more than Multiple Entry per entry, and you are allowed 90 days Per Entry.