When you decide to travel to Rwanda for tourism purposes, you must have in mind the fact that you most likely need a visa. The good news is that Rwanda’s visa policy includes an electronic visa system, meaning that you can apply online for a Rwanda visa. iVisa can be of help with the entire application process. To learn more about the Rwanda e-visa, read the information provided below.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
Can the citizens of Djibouti apply for a Rwanda visa online?
Yes, all nationalities that require a visa for Rwanda can apply online for a Rwanda visa, and Djiboutian citizens make no exception
What do I need to apply for a Rwanda visa online?
Before you begin the online application process to obtain a Rwanda visa, make sure that you have at hand the following:
- Passport – make sure that the document is valid for another 6 months from the date of arrival in Rwanda and has at least one blank page.
- Photo – the picture must be recent and taken on a white background.
- E-mail address – this requirement is necessary because the Rwanda visa arrives via e-mail in PDF format.
- Means of payment – iVisa takes credit and debit cards. You can also use PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat.
How long does it take for my application to be processed?
As long as you choose. iVisa provides three options when it comes to processing time so that you can opt for the one that best suits your needs. They are as follows:
- Standard processing – your application is processed within 7 business days.
- Rush processing – the Rwanda visa is ready within just 2 business days.
- Super Rush processing – you receive your e-visa within just 24 hours.
How much does a Rwanda e-visa cost?
The cost of your Rwanda e-visa depends on the processing time option you select for your application. The fees for each one is:
- Standard – USD 50.00
- Rush – USD 50.00
- Super Rush – USD 50.00
For how long is the Rwanda visa valid for?
The Rwanda visa is valid for Single Entry.
How much time can I spend in Rwanda on a Rwanda e-visa?
Your stay in Rwanda cannot exceed 90 days Per Entry.
What is the Rwanda East Africa visa?
The citizens of Djibouti also have the option to apply for a Rwanda East Africa visa. The document covers entries in Rwanda, but in Kenya and Uganda as well. It is perfect if you decide to visit all three countries in one trip. Just keep in mind that you must enter Rwanda first.
Does the Rwanda East Africa Visa have special requirements?
Yes, but not many. Along with the requirements you must fulfill for the Rwanda visa, you also must have at hand the following:
- A travel itinerary
- Vaccination certificate for Yellow Fever
- Return flight ticket
- A contact in Uganda – this can be a person, a travel agency, an organization, etc.
What is the Rwanda East Africa Visa processing time and fees?
The cost of a Rwanda East Africa visa is established using the same rules as for the Rwanda e-visa. It depends on the processing time you pick for your application. Therefore:
- Standard processing – your application is processed within 6 business days, and you are charged USD 100.00
- Rush processing – your Rwanda visa is ready within 4 business days, and the fee is USD 100.00.
- Super Rush processing – it takes 2 business days for you to receive your e-visa, and you must pay USD 100.00.
How long is the Rwanda East Africa Visa valid for?
The Rwanda East Africa visa is valid for 90 days after arrival.
What about the number of entries and duration of stay?
The Rwanda East Africa visa ensures Multiple Entry, and each visit cannot exceed 90 days Per Entry.