When you decide to travel to Rwanda, one of the first things that should be on your mind is the visa. You will need to obtain one before departure unless you are visa exempt. Fortunately, those who must apply for a visa can do so online because Rwanda adopted the electronic visa system. iVisa can help with the entire online application process. Below, you will find the answers to the most frequently asked questions. They should help you learn more about the Rwanda e-visa.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
Can the citizens of Dominica apply for a Rwanda visa online?
Yes, just like all nationalities that require a visa, the Dominican citizens can apply for a Rwanda visa online.
What do I need to apply for a Rwanda visa online?
As you will see, the list of requirements for a Rwanda visa is not long, and you should not struggle in fulfilling them all. Here is what you will need:
- Passport – make sure that the document is valid for another 6 months from the date of arrival in Rwanda and has at least one blank page.
- Photo – the picture must be recent and taken on a white background.
- E-mail address – this requirement is necessary because the Rwanda visa arrives via e-mail in PDF format.
- Means of payment – iVisa takes credit and debit cards. You can also use PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat.
How long does it take for my application to be processed?
It is entirely up to you. iVisa gives you three choices regarding the processing time so that you can opt for the one that you think is best for you and your budget. Here they are:
- Standard processing – your application is processed within 7 days.
- Rush processing – the Rwanda visa is ready within just 48 hours.
- Super Rush processing – you receive your e-visa within just 24 hours.
How much does a Rwanda e-visa cost?
How much money you spend on your Rwanda visa depends on the timeframe in which your application is processed. Your decision will establish that. Here are the fees for each option:
- Standard – USD 30.00
- Rush – USD 30.00
- Super Rush – USD 30.00
For how long is the Rwanda visa valid for?
The Rwanda visa is valid for Single Entry.
How much time can I spend in Rwanda on a Rwanda e-visa?
With a Rwanda visa, you can remain in Rwanda for no more than 30 days Per Entry.
What is the Rwanda East Africa visa?
The citizens of Dominica are also given the option to apply for a Rwanda East Africa visa. The document in question grants you entry in Rwanda, but in Kenya and Uganda as well. It is the ideal solution if you plan to visit all three countries in one trip. Nevertheless, you should know that for this visa to be valid, you must enter Rwanda first.
Does the Rwanda East Africa Visa have special requirements?
Yes, just a few. You must have the documents and information listed for the Rwanda visa, but you also need the following:
- A travel itinerary
- Vaccination certificate for Yellow Fever
- Return flight ticket
- A contact in Uganda – this can be a person, a travel agency, an organization, etc.
What are the Rwanda East Africa Visa processing time and fees?
Just like with the Rwanda visa, the fees depend on the processing time you choose for your application. As a result:
- Standard processing – your application is processed within 6 days, and you are charged USD 100.00
- Rush processing – your Rwanda visa is ready within 4 days, and the fee is USD 100.00.
- Super Rush processing – it takes 48 hours for you to receive your e-visa, and you must pay USD 100.00.
How long is the Rwanda East Africa Visa valid for?
The Rwanda East Africa visa has a validity period of 90 days after arrival.
What about the number of entries and duration of stay?
With a Rwanda East Africa visa, you are covered for Multiple Entry, and you can stay at your destination for no more than 90 days Per Entry.