Unless you are exempt from getting a visa, when you travel to Rwanda for tourism purposes, you must obtain a visa in advance. The good news is, however, that Rwanda issues electronic visas, which means that you have the opportunity to apply online for your Rwanda visa. iVisa can facilitate the online application process for you. Below, you will find the answers to the most commonly asked questions so that you can learn more about the Rwanda e-visa.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
Can the citizens of East Timor apply for a Rwanda visa online?
Yes, just like any other eligible nationality, Timorese citizens can apply online for a Rwanda visa.
What do I need to apply for a Rwanda visa online?
We are pleased to inform you that the requirements for a Rwanda visa are not many and easy to acquire. You will need the following:
- Passport – make sure that the document is valid for another 6 months from the date of arrival in Rwanda and has at least one blank page.
- Photo – the picture must be recent and taken on a white background.
- E-mail address – this requirement is necessary because the Rwanda visa arrives via e-mail in PDF format.
- Means of payment – iVisa takes credit and debit cards. You can also use PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat.
How long does it take for my application to be processed?
Your application will be processed in the timeframe of your choosing. iVisa came up with three options so that you can select the one that best works for you. They are as follows:
- Standard processing – your application is processed within 7 business days.
- Rush processing – the Rwanda visa is ready within just 2 business days.
- Super Rush processing – you receive your e-visa within just 24 hours.
How much does a Rwanda e-visa cost?
The price of a Rwanda visa is established by the processing time option you choose for your application. Therefore:
- Standard – USD 30.00
- Rush – USD 30.00
- Super Rush – USD 30.00
For how long is the Rwanda visa valid for?
The Rwanda visa is valid for Single Entry.
How much time can I spend in Rwanda on a Rwanda e-visa?
Your stay in Rwanda cannot exceed 30 days Per Entry.
What is the Rwanda East Africa visa?
As a Timorese citizen, you can also apply for a Rwanda East Africa visa I case you decide to visit Rwanda, Kenya, and Uganda in a single trip. The document covers entries in all three states. Just keep in mind that you must enter Rwanda first.
Does the Rwanda East Africa Visa have special requirements?
Yes, but only a few. Along with the documents and information you need for the Rwanda visa, you will need the following as well:
- A travel itinerary
- Vaccination certificate for Yellow Fever
- Return flight ticket
- A contact in Uganda – this can be a person, a travel agency, an organization, etc.
What is the Rwanda East Africa Visa processing time and fees?
The cost of a Rwanda East Africa visa is determined by the processing time option you choose for your application. Once more, you get three choices:
- Standard processing – your application is processed within 6 business days, and you are charged USD 100.00
- Rush processing – your Rwanda visa is ready within 4 business days, and the fee is USD 100.00.
- Super Rush processing – it takes 2 business days for you to receive your e-visa, and you must pay USD 100.00.
How long is the Rwanda East Africa Visa valid for?
The Rwanda East Africa visa is valid for 90 days after arrival.
What about the number of entries and duration of stay?
When you hold a Rwanda East Africa visa, you are granted Multiple Entry, and your stay cannot go over 90 days Per Entry per visit.