Traveling to Rwanda is not possible without a visa unless you are visa exempt, and very few nationalities are. However, in 2018, Rwanda adopted the electronic visa system for all nationalities that require a visa, which means that you can apply for a Rwanda visa online. With iVisa, you will enjoy a smooth and short online application process. Read the information below to learn more about the Rwanda e-visa.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
Can the citizens of Ecuador apply for a Rwanda visa online?
Yes, Ecuadorian citizens have the opportunity to apply online for a Rwanda visa.
What do I need to apply for a Rwanda visa online?
As you will see, the requirements for a Rwanda visa are not many, and they are generally considered easy to acquire. You will need the following:
- Passport – make sure that the document is valid for another 6 months from the date of arrival in Rwanda and has at least one blank page.
- Photo – the picture must be recent and taken on a white background.
- E-mail address – this requirement is necessary because the Rwanda visa arrives via e-mail in PDF format.
- Means of payment – iVisa takes credit and debit cards. You can also use PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat.
How long does it take for my application to be processed?
You get to choose the timeframe in which your application will be processed. iVisa provides three options so that you can opt for the one that is best for you. Here they are:
- Standard processing – your application is processed within 7 business days.
- Rush processing – the Rwanda visa is ready within just 2 business days.
- Super Rush processing – you receive your e-visa within just 24 hours.
How much does a Rwanda e-visa cost?
The amount you will be charged for your Rwanda visa depends on the processing time you choose for your application. The prices are:
- Standard – USD 50.00
- Rush – USD 50.00
- Super Rush – USD 50.00
For how long is the Rwanda visa valid for?
The Rwanda visa is valid for Single Entry.
How much time can I spend in Rwanda on a Rwanda e-visa?
When you travel to Rwanda on a Rwanda e-visa, your stay is limited to 30 days Per Entry.
What is the Rwanda East Africa visa?
If you plan to visit Rwanda, but Kenya and Uganda as well, all in one trip, know that you do not need three distinct visas. Instead, you can apply for a Rwanda East Africa visa, and you are granted entry in all three countries. Bear in mind that Rwanda must be the first country to visit if you wish this type of visa to be valid.
Does the Rwanda East Africa Visa have special requirements?
Yes. Apart from the requirements you must meet for the Rwanda visa, you will need the following as well:
- A travel itinerary
- Vaccination certificate for Yellow Fever
- Return flight ticket
- A contact in Uganda – this can be a person, a travel agency, an organization, etc.
What is the Rwanda East Africa Visa processing time and fees?
Again, iVisa gives you three processing time options, and the one you choose determines the cost of your Rwanda East Africa visa. Here are your choices:
- Standard processing – your application is processed within 6 business days, and you are charged USD 100.00
- Rush processing – your Rwanda visa is ready within 4 business days, and the fee is USD 100.00.
- Super Rush processing – it takes 2 business days for you to receive your e-visa, and you must pay USD 100.00.
How long is the Rwanda East Africa Visa valid for?
The Rwanda East Africa visa has a validity period of 90 days after arrival.
What about the number of entries and duration of stay?
You are granted Multiple Entry, and your stay cannot exceed 90 days Per Entry.