When you decide to spend your vacation in Rwanda, keep in mind that you cannot enter the country without a visa, except if you are visa exempt. However, all nationalities that are required to obtain a visa in advance have access to a Rwanda visa online. iVisa provides a short and smooth online application process so that you invest minimal effort. Below, you will find useful information about the Rwanda e-visa.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
Can Egyptian citizens apply for a Rwanda visa online?
Yes, the citizens of Egypt have access to a Rwanda visa online just like any other eligible nationality.
What do I need to apply for a Rwanda visa online?
The first thing you have to do before you start the online application process is to check if you have everything necessary. You will need the following:
- Passport – make sure that the document is valid for another 6 months from the date of arrival in Rwanda and has at least one blank page.
- Photo – the picture must be recent and taken on a white background.
- E-mail address – this requirement is necessary because the Rwanda visa arrives via e-mail in PDF format.
- Means of payment – iVisa takes credit and debit cards. You can also use PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat.
How long does it take for my application to be processed?
It is up to you. iVisa gives you three choices as far as the processing time is concerned, and you need to select the one that best suits your needs. Here is what you can opt for:
- Standard processing – your application is processed within 7 business days.
- Rush processing – the Rwanda visa is ready within just 2 business days.
- Super Rush processing – you receive your e-visa within just 24 hours.
How much does a Rwanda e-visa cost?
It depends on the processing timeframe you choose for your application. The fees for each option are:
- Standard – USD 30.00
- Rush – USD 30.00
- Super Rush – USD 30.00
For how long is the Rwanda visa valid for?
The Rwanda visa is valid for Single Entry.
How much time can I spend in Rwanda on a Rwanda e-visa?
Your stay in Rwanda cannot exceed 90 days Per Entry.
What is the Rwanda East Africa visa?
In case you wish to visit Rwanda, Kenya, and Uganda in a single trip, you do not need to get a visa for each country. Instead, the citizens of Egypt have access to a Rwanda East Africa visa, which grants you entry in all three states. What you must remember is that you have to enter Rwanda first for this type of visa to be valid.
Does the Rwanda East Africa Visa have special requirements?
Yes, but only a few. Here is what you need in addition to the requirements you must meet for the Rwanda visa:
- A travel itinerary
- Vaccination certificate for Yellow Fever
- Return flight ticket
- A contact in Uganda – this can be a person, a travel agency, an organization, etc.
What is the Rwanda East Africa Visa processing time and fees?
Once more, iVisa came up with three solutions, and the one you take will determine the cost of your Rwanda East Africa visa:
- Standard processing – your application is processed within 6 business days, and you are charged USD 100.00
- Rush processing – your Rwanda visa is ready within 4 business days, and the fee is USD 100.00.
- Super Rush processing – it takes 2 business days for you to receive your e-visa, and you must pay USD 100.00.
How long is the Rwanda East Africa Visa valid for?
The Rwanda East Africa visa is valid for 90 days after arrival.
What about the number of entries and duration of stay?
The Rwanda East Africa visa ensures Multiple Entry, and your stay can be of up to 90 days Per Entry.