When you travel to Rwanda for your vacation, the first thing on your mind should be the visa. You need one in advance. However, since Rwanda issues electronic visas, you are given the possibility to apply for a Rwanda visa online. With iVisa, that can happen with minimal effort. Read the information below to learn more about the Rwanda e-visa.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
Can the citizens of El Salvador apply for a Rwanda visa online?
Yes, as a Salvadoran national, you have the possibility to apply for a Rwanda visa online.
What do I need to apply for a Rwanda visa online?
Fortunately, getting the Rwanda visa is not a demanding process. You only need the following:
- Passport – make sure that the document is valid for another 6 months from the date of arrival in Rwanda and has at least one blank page.
- Photo – the picture must be recent and taken on a white background.
- E-mail address – this requirement is necessary because the Rwanda visa arrives via e-mail in PDF format.
- Means of payment – iVisa takes credit and debit cards. You can also use PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat.
How long does it take for my application to be processed?
Your application will be processed in the timeframe you agree on. iVisa gives you three options, and you have to choose the one that is most convenient for you:
- Standard processing – your application is processed within 7 days.
- Rush processing – the Rwanda visa is ready within just 48 hours.
- Super Rush processing – you receive your e-visa within just 24 hours.
How much does a Rwanda e-visa cost?
The price of a Rwanda visa is established by the processing timeframe you select from the options explained above. The fees are:
- Standard – USD 30.00
- Rush – USD 30.00
- Super Rush – USD 30.00
For how long is the Rwanda visa valid for?
The Rwanda visa is valid for Single Entry.
How much time can I spend in Rwanda on a Rwanda e-visa?
When you obtain a Rwanda visa, you can stay in Rwanda for no more than 30 days Per Entry.
What is the Rwanda East Africa visa?
The citizens of El Salvador can apply for a Rwanda East Africa visa as well. The document ensures entry in Rwanda, but in Kenya and Uganda as well. If you decide to visit all three countries on one trip, this is the ideal solution. Nevertheless, bear in mind that you have to enter Rwanda first for this document to work.
Does the Rwanda East Africa Visa have special requirements?
Yes. In addition to the document that you need for a Rwanda visa, you need the following as well:
- A travel itinerary
- Vaccination certificate for Yellow Fever
- Return flight ticket
- A contact in Uganda – this can be a person, a travel agency, an organization, etc.
What is the Rwanda East Africa Visa processing time and fees?
Same as with the Rwanda visa, you will be given three processing time options, and the one you choose will establish the cost of your Rwanda East Africa visa.
- Standard processing – your application is processed within 6 days, and you are charged USD 100.00
- Rush processing – your Rwanda visa is ready within 4 days, and the fee is USD 100.00.
- Super Rush processing – it takes 48 hours for you to receive your e-visa, and you must pay USD 100.00.
How long is the Rwanda East Africa Visa valid for?
The Rwanda East Africa visa is valid for 90 days after arrival.
What about the number of entries and duration of stay?
A Rwanda East Africa visa covers Multiple Entry, and your stay cannot be more than 90 days Per Entry per visit.