In case you decide to spend your vacation in Rwanda, know that you need to acquire a visa before departure. However, you will be happy to learn that you are given the possibility to apply for a Rwanda visa online because Rwanda adopted the electronic visa system in 2018. iVisa ensures a smooth and fast application process that involves minimal effort. Below, you will find some valuable information that will help you learn more about the electronic visa for Rwanda.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
Can the citizens of Eritrea apply for a Rwanda visa online?
Yes, Eritrean citizens are eligible for a Rwanda e-visa.
What do I need to apply for a Rwanda visa online?
You will notice that the list of requirements for a Rwanda visa is quite short and that the items on it are not challenging to obtain. Here is what you must have at your disposal:
- Passport – make sure that the document is valid for another 6 months from the date of arrival in Rwanda and has at least one blank page.
- Photo – the picture must be recent and taken on a white background.
- E-mail address – this requirement is necessary because the Rwanda visa arrives via e-mail in PDF format.
- Means of payment – iVisa takes credit and debit cards. You can also use PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat.
How long does it take for my application to be processed?
It is up to you. iVisa gives you three options when it comes to processing, and you must select the one that you think is most convenient.
- Standard processing – your application is processed within 7 Business Days.
- Rush processing – the Rwanda visa is ready within just 2 Business Days.
- Super Rush processing – you receive your e-visa within just 1 Business Day.
How much does a Rwanda e-visa cost?
The price of a Rwanda visa is established by the processing time option you choose for your application. As a result:
- Standard – USD 50.00
- Rush – USD 50.00
- Super Rush – USD 50.00
For how long is the Rwanda visa valid for?
The Rwanda visa is valid for Single Entry.
How much time can I spend in Rwanda on a Rwanda e-visa?
The Rwanda visa grants a stay of maximum 90 days Per Entry.
What is the Rwanda East Africa visa?
If you plan to visit Rwanda, but Kenya and Uganda as well, know that the citizens of Eritrea are also eligible for a Rwanda East Africa visa. The document in question gives you access to all countries. Nonetheless, remember that for this type of visa to be valid, you must first enter Rwanda.
Does the Rwanda East Africa Visa have special requirements?
Yes, but only a few. You need the following document in addition to the requirements you must fulfill for the Rwanda visa:
- A travel itinerary
- Vaccination certificate for Yellow Fever
- Return flight ticket
- A contact in Uganda – this can be a person, a travel agency, an organization, etc.
What is the Rwanda East Africa Visa processing time and fees?
Once again, iVisa gives you three processing time options, and the one you opt for will determine the cost of your Rwanda East Africa visa.
- Standard processing – your application is processed within 6 Business Days, and you are charged USD 100.00
- Rush processing – your Rwanda visa is ready within 4 Business Days, and the fee is USD 100.00.
- Super Rush processing – it takes 2 Business Days for you to receive your e-visa, and you must pay USD 100.00.
How long is the Rwanda East Africa Visa valid for?
The Rwanda East Africa visa is valid for 90 days after arrival.
What about the number of entries and duration of stay?
The Rwanda East Africa visa covers Multiple Entry, and each stay is of maximum 90 days Per Entry.