Whenever you decide to travel to Rwanda for tourism purposes, you must keep in mind that you need a visa to cross its borders. Fortunately, Rwanda’s visa policy includes an electronic visa system, which means that you can obtain a Rwanda visa online. iVisa can help with the application process so that you can get the travel document you need in just 24 hours. Below, you will find more information on the Rwanda e-visa.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
Are Estonian citizens eligible for a Rwanda e-visa?
Yes, like many other nationalities, the citizens of Estonia can apply for a Rwanda visa online.
What requirements must I meet to apply for a Rwanda visa online?
Not many. The list is short, and the items on it re easy to obtain. Here is what you will need:
- Passport – it needs to be valid for another 6 months after arrival, and one blank page is necessary
- Photo – it must be recent and taken on a white background
- E-mail address – you get your Rwanda e-visa via e-mail in PDF format.
- Means of payment – you can use a credit or debit card, but iVisa also takes PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat.
How much time do I have to wait for my application to be processed?
Not much, but it depends on you. How is that possible? iVisa gives you three options when it comes to processing. That way, your application will be processed in the most convenient timeframe for you. Here is what you can opt for:
- Standard processing – your Rwanda visa is ready within 7 days.
- Rush processing – you receive your travel document within 48 hours.
- Super Rush processing – your application is processed within just 24 hours.
Is it expensive to apply for a Rwanda visa online?
No, and it depends on the processing time option you choose for your application. The one you select will determine the cost of your Rwanda visa. Here are the fees:
- Standard – USD 30.00
- Rush – USD 30.00
- Super Rush – USD 30.00
What is the period of validity for a Rwanda visa?
The Rwanda visa is valid for Single Entry.
For how long can I stay in Rwanda when traveling on a
The Rwanda e-visa ensures a stay of maximum 30 days Per Entry.
What is the Rwanda East Africa visa?
The citizens of Estonia are also eligible for a Rwanda East Africa visa. You should apply for one if you wish to travel to Rwanda, but to Kenya and Uganda as well. That is because the document at hand grants you access to all three countries. However, you must enter Rwanda first.
Do I need additional documents to obtain a Rwanda East Africa Visa?
Yes, but only a few, and they are just as easy to acquire. Here is what you will need apart from the documents and information required for a Rwanda visa:
- A travel itinerary
- Vaccination certificate for Yellow Fever
- Return flight ticket
- A contact in Uganda – this can be a person, a travel agency, an organization, etc.
What about Rwanda East Africa Visa processing time and fees?
The cost of a Rwanda East Africa visa, same as with the Rwanda visa, depends on the processing time you choose for your application. Again, you are given three options:
- Standard processing – you receive your e-visa within 6 days, and you pay USD 100.00
- Rush processing – your application is processed within 4 days, and the cost is USD 100.00.
- Super Rush processing – you wait only 48 hours for your application to be processed, and you are charged USD 100.00.
How long is the Rwanda East Africa Visa valid for?
The Rwanda East Africa visa is valid for 90 days after arrival.
What about the number of entries and duration of stay?
The Rwanda East Africa visa grants Multiple Entry, and your stay is limited to 90 days Per Entry.